Saturday, August 8, 2009

E Flat

Friday was a good day for most everyone, moneywise. The lady that carts around in an electric wheel chair and sells flowers was making a killing, for example.When I sat down to play, the first dozen people coming by threw me tips. Then Larry showed up and, inexplicably (though maybe not, because it is Larry) started playing his guitar at the same time as me. I think he thought that he was playing along with me, not realising that I tune my guitar down one step to E flat. He was playing in E and not noticing that we sounded like crap together. Maybe he is more tone-deaf than I had surmised. The tips dried up during that spell. I told Larry that he was (Henry) "Blacking me out," as Henry used to do the same -sit next to you and play absolute garbage over what you were doing. Larry seemed offended, but I needed to get "back to work," and he took the hint.
I went to my church spot later on and did pretty well, though I gave Karrie money so that she could get a 12 pack of beer. We slept on Henry Black's Porch and were up early and left before the owner showed up.
Today promises to be good, though, one can never tell when one is a street performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.