Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Life Without Karrie

The Pork Loin Eaten By Karrie!
Yesterday, I played upon my spot at the Visitor's Center, and didn't make anything.
I went back to camp as the sun was setting, after stopping at the market for some side-dishes which go well with pork loin.
Reaching the camp, I found it empty of Karrie and found the wrappings from the pork loin discarded into the trash. The pork loin was gone!
I did my best to prepare a meal of spaghetti with blackeye peas, chili beans and collard greens.
Larry and Jim showed up for a visit and were still visiting when Karrie appeared and answered an inquiry about the fate of the pork loin with "I ate it."
Karrie Arrested and Jailed
Late this morning, as Karrie and I were napping in the tent after a breakfast of more spagghetti with tomato and green chilis, two officers showed up and arrested Karrie on 10 outstanding warrants for failuure to appear on open container charges. They said that she was at the top of their list, kind of like St. John's County's Most Wanted Drinker.She could be in jail for a long time, but, "It depends upon the judge," is all anyone can ever tell you on subjects like that.
Life Without Karrie
So now, I ponder life without Karrie around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bottles that wash up with notes in them