Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Couple Of Cops And A Cup Of Coffee





50 Visitors
I am starting to think that someone is watching me. I still haven't gotten a comment from Karrie, or anyone. I know that Blogger has a "next blog" button, whereby clicking upon it will give you a random blog, as a way of touring random blogs. With the billion users, it is conceivable that 50 people came to my blog....
Emily Missing In Action
I didn't feel like playing much yesterday. I would have been without Emily, at that point and would make 1/20th the amount of money that I would have, having a 16 year old girl on violin. I was spoiled by our one episode of playing together. I wasn't in the mood for the reality of it. I walked to the store and got beer and drank it in the 95 degree humidity. I ate at the Salvation Army at 4pm. This is a recipe for falling asleep somewhere, which I did.


My First Confrontation With The Law

I was woken by a female cop, who was a jerk. She told me that the owner of the business nearby where I was leaning on my backpack and sleeping, had called. She said the "owner" claimed that I was asked to leave and had refused. I said that I was never asked to leave and had only dozed off less than 20 minutes prior. I told her that I was waiting for 6 'o clock, so that I could play music in front of a business down the street.
I added that the "caller" was probably one of the street people who resent me because I don't "share" all my money with them, who called and fabricated the part about the "owner" of the business calling. I was directly in front of a closed business, by the way. Another cop came and they ran my ID. They said that I had warrants in Florida, but they were "do not extridite." I left Gatorland, just in time; wisely, for a change.
Emily never showed up.
I Am Targeted By A N'er Do Well

I went to Cooper Riverside Park and washed up. There was a black guy reclined upon a bench. He had walked by Emily and I the previous evening, and made some exclaimation about the amount of money that we had accumulated. Of course, he had wanted a dollar of it.

"What did you do with all that money you made," he asked. What kind of question is that and why is it any of his business.
"I stashed it somewhere; I'm not going to carry it around here," I answered, already knowing where the conversation was headed. (It's right here in my pocket, do you want it?)

"Where that girl at?" was his follow up.

"She's supposed to meet me tonight." (Oh, so they be mo' money comin")

"Where you met her?" and "Are you going to play tonight?" Were the last two questions from the guy is probably planning upon trying to rob me, and doing a crappy job of disguising it...

I went and played by myself for a while and made a buck. I was playing well, but this was not a factor, not having a 16 year old girl playing violin next to me.

Songwriter's Open Mic At Serda's Coffee
Two guys came by and reminded me of the open mic night at Serda's Coffee, a place down the street.
I went and played my two originals and recieved critical praise, and a free coffee.


I went and listened to my radio at my sleeping spot. I had brand new batteries, thanks to the "Emily money." My sleeping spot was a tossing and turning spot until after 2am., when I drifted off.

I woke up with $6.37.

Now, it is time to go to eat at 15 Place. Then, I might try the Starbucks Hustle, which I haven't tried yet.

1 comment:

  1. Someone who met you told me about your blog and I checked it out and shared it with a few friends....maybe thats where some of your new visitors are coming from?!

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.