Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Human Raccoons




Tuesday night, I felt like I had a lot of extra time on my hands to contemplate my next move. I had read a lot and drank juice all day.

I got a bag of peanuts and a morning energy drink from Save-A-Lot, then went to the spot around the side of the church, where the two guys have been sleeping, where the water spigot and the 5 gallon buckets (for laundry) are.
There is also a vent which blows hot air out of the church, which will dry your stuff overnight.

We ate peanuts and theorised about the couple, that probably stole my guitar.

I slept at their spot, my bag upon pine needles, which were softer than marble,though not as luxurious. Still, I had torturous dreams, one in which, a voice kept telling me to steal a guitar, myself.

I shouldn't drink energy drinks before bed. The two guys were happy to have company. They worry about being attacked during the night. They are up and out, early in the morning though, and can wake me up tomorrow, as I will try the Labor Finders place, trying to find labor.

FRIENDLY PAWN, 312 S. Broad St. Mobile, AL 36603

I went to FRIENDLY PAWN ("We Buy Scrap Gold",) this morning, after my morning energy drink, to inform him about the guitar. He asked me if the stickers were still on it, and if there were any other identifying features about it. He must have noticed the stickers when he saw me playing on the street. It would be his habit, to take notice of such things.

I told him about the pawnbroker in St. Augustine, who let me have the Johnson on credit, whom I payed back in installments, and said that he could call him for a "reference."

He said that if I could come up with half of the price of a guitar, then he would be willing to let me "walk out with it," and pay off the rest as I go.

I took his card, with the address on it.

If any of my facebook friends, or people at the open mic nights, want to give me any money towards it, they would only have to get a money order, and send it to the pawnshop in my name, and not have to pay Western Union. They could then hit me up for money and/or cigarettes when they see me on the street, in the future.
"Tom" told me to go to fill out a police report, and then the detective could go on his computer and see if the Johnson has been pawned. If I identify it well enough, I would get it back (after paying the 15 or 20 bucks that the human raccoons probably got for it.)

I will play at Serda's tonight and let "everybody" know about the heist. Maybe my "fan base" will help out.

I Can Play The Saw

I also am considering playing the saw on my spot. The pawnshop guy would let me borrow a saw. I would just need a bow to play it with. I think I could make money with the saw.

The One-Man-Band guy in St. Augustine, took breaks from the O.M.B. thing, and played the saw every once in a while. He didn't have the best of intonation, and it was hard to tell what song he was playing on the saw, but he still made pretty good tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.