Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lost And Found




Hot Dogs?!?

Monday was pretty much forgettable.
This morning, I woke up with $5.22.

Last night ended with me laying down on the sleeping bag on the marble. I had a big bag of cereal, like 3 pounds, and a package of hot dogs, and an energy drink.

I remember finding the cereal, in a clean box in the dumpster, after having gone in the Save-A-Lot and bought the energy drink. I don't remember where the hot dogs came from, but, I cant' account for $1.43, which is the exact price of them, tax included.

I left the library in time for the Salvation Army meal. One of the guys who serves food there had told me that he would "hook" me up at the serving line, in exchange for a cigarette. This was back before the fast, but I wondered if the offer was still valid. I didn't see him there. He may have been hiding from his obligation in the kitchen. I had a Steel Reserve on the way there, to help my appetite.

Finders Keepers

After eating, I got an Earthquake, and went to a spot which is the hull of a building, which was probably torn down, leaving only the walls.

I sat there, playing the guitar and drinking the Earthquake, and thinking about how I didn't want to spend any more money. I was out of cigarettes.

There was a crack pipe on the ground in front of me, as well as what I thought was an empty pouch of rolling tobacco. Something told me to check the pouch. It was full of tobacco. I then noticed a bag laying near it, which seemed to have two empty cans of Steel Reserve in it. A check upon it revealed two full cans, which were still cool to the touch.


I formulated a couple of theories, both of which rationalized my grabbing the beer and tobacco.

I surmised that someone was sitting there, smoking crack, and the police came and either arrested him, or caused him to run and leave his tobacco and his Steel Reserve.

Or, maybe there were two guys smoking crack, and one of them grabbed the crack and ran with it, in an attempt to steal it from the other. The other would still be chasing him as I write this.

Whatever the truth of the matter was, I grabbed the stuff and went to another spot of mine, behind some vegetation. I figured that it was probably left there by someone who has bummed off of me before, to the exact amount of one pouch of tobacco, and two Steel Reserves.

Losers Weepers

I then went into town, where I discovered that I had left my pick at the vegetation spot. I walked to a nearby sleeping spot and grabbed one which I had put in a sneaker, under the insole thing, for just such a situation.

A Blessing Of Beer

On my way back to the acoustically fine spot, I was passing the same pizza place where myself, Ashton and Gloria were treated rudely by the assistant manager.

There was a group sitting there. One of the them offered me a "real" cigarette, after observing the roll-up one that I was smoking. It looked like a man, but was a masculine looking lesbian named Carla. I told them about the rude treatment. She offered an explaination, citing problems that the pizza place was having with the swarms of homeless and their antics, and kind of made an appology, on behalf of the pizza place.

She asked me to play a song. One of her friends asked me what kind of beer I liked. He soon produced a pint of Yuenling beer and I played Elvis Costello, because Carla said she loved Elvis Costello.

As I sat there a while, I noticed hardly a soul on the streets. I must have left there at about 7pm., because my Save-A-Lot receipt reads 7:19pm. Unfortunately it is the half of the receipt which has an internet based offer on it, and not the half which would have told me if I bought hot dogs.

One Earthquake, three Steel Reserves and a Yuenling were all I drank, yet, I don't remember walking back to the church. I remember going to the railroad track spot to get my mustard, well, I remember grabbing the mustard, but not how I got all the way across town to do so, and I remember arriving at the church and being surprised to see it right in front of me, when I had thought that I wasn't quite there yet. What did the Gays put in my Yeunling??

I drank the energy drink and layed down with the radio on. I kept getting up to go around the side of the building to guzzle water and refill the can with it.

A pretty much forgetable forgetful day, it was.


Misplacment Of Things Nothing Novel


This morning, I found that my copy of Tom Jones, by Henry Fielding is missing. I was only 50 pages into it. I might have left it at the trolley stop. I had to chase the trolley down, as the driver was in the process of passing me by, because I had my guitar. "Next time, I'm not letting you on with that," she said. It is apparently too big. I told someone about it outside the library, and he said: "Man, people get on that thing with bags bigger than them, she's just being a jerk!"


I may check the trolley stop for my book. It hasn't rained since then, and this is a pretty illiterate city. It may still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.