Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Go Around Us

A Fine Kettle Of Fish
Well, this is a fine kettle of fish. I'm looking over at the guy who probably took my umbrella, a couple of computers over.
It doesn't seem likely that the rain will go around us, unless it stops in its tracks and retreats in the other direction.
I'm working on the English paper for the guy who doesn't speak much English. He has assured me "I will give you some bucks."
The computers keep going down every time the lights go out for a few seconds here at the library, which has happened at least 6 times this afternoon.
One might think that this has the potential to be a miserable night. I won't be able to sleep at the trolley spot, due to flooding. I can't get any money advanced from the Bangladeshi guy, who doesn't speak much English, so I will be almost broke, damp but not hungry. There is a silver lining to every cloud.
This may be a good night to practice my neurolinguistic programming techniques, to rid myself of harmful habits, like smoking and drinking.
I can hear the rain hitting the roof of the library. So much for clouds reversing direction and going back to New Orleans, which is where, in my opinion, they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.