Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Saturday Through Tuesday

Played A Washboard On Fat Tuesday
The Mardi Gras ended last night, along with "fat" Tuesday.
I did alright, all things considered.
There was a 20 dollar tip, after I played my butt off for a group of about 5 people, who each threw me about a dollar. One of the group came back as they were walking away and handed me the twenty and said "That was awesome." I can't imagine what I was playing.
The night before, someone whom I never saw threw 10 bucks, as I was playing Grateful Dead stuff.
Then, I got a job cleaning a parking lot. I was walking by Monday morning, and, seeing the condition of the lot, told the lady in the "chicken on a stick" cart that I would rake up all the trash and bag it up for "four dollars." I kind of meant that as a symbolic amount, but was willing to work 45 minutes for 4 dollars.
Some of the other girls gave me 5 bucks, the lady returned and gave me 10 more, and then sent me to another lot, where I made another 10 bucks.
She told me to return last night, which I did and got another 20 bucks, this after playing on the street and making at least the 20 dollar tip, and a five and a bunch of ones.
Someone threw a new set of strings in my case, also. Shortly after, I broke 2 strings in quick succession, replaced them, and kept going.
Jimmy Lee and Joelle (Miss Underhill) were playing at a couple of spots when I walked by. He had his guitar, and she, a washboard.
I haven't counted my money yet, but, this is the time for me to make my break and travel to somewhere else that has something like a mardi gras going on; perhaps Spring Break in Panama City...
After yesterday's Fat Tuesday, I think the Tuesdays are going to start dieting and become much thinner around here.
I can always come back here for Bayfest (in October) and maybe next year's mardi gras, if I'm not in a band and working regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.