Monday, April 4, 2011

He Who Doesn't Pluck, Doesn't Eat

According to Google Maps, it is 325 miles to the Spirit of the Swanee Music Park, near or in Live Oak, Florida.
It is out a bit in the country, on a county road, so, I envision parking lots hewn out of the forest, surrounding the venue. There will be probably 4 entrances, at least, on each corner.
I should probably find the parking lot which is the most expensive to park in, and perch somewhere between it, and the venue.
It would be good to arrive a couple days early, as, there will surely be spectators there, doing the same, in order to beat the traffic and get situated (translated: party) before the influx of people. There will be those there, to shmoose the roadies and soundmen, in order to perhaps meet and hang out with, their heros.
This will mean leaving next week, approximately.
The drive to get a duffel bag, has been mired in two uproductive days, playing street music in Mobile.
Saturday night, people were going beyond walking past and ignoring me, to performing acts of theatre, like, walking up and saying "Wow, man! You ROCK!" and then, reaching toward their back pocket, toward a supposed wallet, only to withdraw the hand, and make a gesture to infer "got 'cha!" and other similar hilarious vignettes. I got back to my spot with $10.63, I think it was...
Two of that was from the guy in the apartment above where I play, who showed up around 2 am. and said that he was going to go to sleep, and payed me off to move down the street a bit.
I'm not totally superstitious, but I may never wear that blue shirt with the USA flag on the front of it, again...
I think that they were giving away free crawfish at The Music Box, and, perhaps that had something to do with the state of mind of the people..
Sunday, I played like 2 and a half hours for, like 6 bucks...like.
I am handwashing my clothes, and will somehow get myself on the ramp next week, or, at the convenience store.
I figure it would be nice to meet the person who is going to give me a ride, to make sure that I don't see abject darkness and evil in his eyes before getting into the vehicle...
Apart from that, It is Monday; a day not famous for the amounts one can make by playing "Early Morning Singing Song" by the bank, but, "He who doesn't pluck, doesn't eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.