Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Free To Go

I know you all need some kind of picture, so here;
I just might go to New Orleans on a whim, instead of
Missouri, to help the tornado victims.
I won't be helping any tornado victims in New Orleans...
It was a rather ordinary Wednesday, except for the fact that I got a couple of things done.
I slept at the Christ Church spot, under the vent that blows hot air all night. It rained and everything was wet, except the ground right around the vent.
I washed all of my clothes, to include my sneakers and hung them all in the bush in front of the vent.
At one point in the night, I was a bit chilly, so I reached and grabbed the purple tee shirt, which was bone dry on the bush.
Tonight, I will go back to sleeping on the grave of Elizabeth Williams, wife of the late Nathaniel Williams.
I won't be in Mobile for very long, I can feel it.
When I gaze around, there is a nostalgia.
I really only miss Joelle Underhill, for some reason, already.
She represents something, but I cannot quantify it.
They are getting ready to close the library.
I went to the Federal building and picked up the check for the sum of the balance of my account at the Baldwin County Jail. There is a box in my backpack which, when x-rayed, looks just like an explosive device of some kind.
I had to say "Oh, wow!," when I saw it myself, the first time I visited the Federal building. It is a box with a disposable camera, batteries, an aluminum flashlight, guitar strings, a harmonica and nail clippers etc. It really looks like a bomb.
The first time I visited the place, the Marshalls at the entrance insisted that I let them look inside my pack.
This morning, it was more of the same, but they gave me the check for the balance of my jail account.
Now, I am only waiting to turn my food card back on, tomorrow morning, I hope, and then I am free to roam.
Free to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.