Thursday, August 25, 2011

fac conclusionem (Prepare Chains)

Last Night,
I grilled a bunch of food, while drinking a 4-pack of Steel Reserve.
The food came out quite well. It was sausage, egg and cheese and burger on biscuit; not my usual fare but, I find that, before I embark upon a journey, my body forgives me the sin of eating stuff like the above; so that it can obtain the protein and the animal blood, which might help, should the journey become strenuous, or should I have to do battle.
Then, I went to the tracks and watched for trains. I fell asleep in the process, waking up around 4 a.m. when a train had come to a stop in front of me.
There was a grain car right in front of me.
I was expecting it to back up and drop off cars, but it surprised me by continuing on in the same direction. This, combined with the fact that I was thirsy, and had not filled a water bottle, made me decid to get a later train.
I will try again this afternoon.
I want to arive in New Orleans while it is still light outside.
I flipped open my bible to a random passage this morning, and got this from Ezekiel 7:23: 
“‘Prepare chains!
For the land is full of bloodshed,


and the city is full of violence.
There's some encouragement to go to New Orleans! 
That's about it. I am in Mobile and at the library. I will see if Wilma came into work today and if she has those shirts that she mentioned giving to me.

1 comment:

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.