Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ignore-leans

Wedneday evening,
the sky clouded up and the wind began to squall. Lightning was seen across the Mississippi River.
I sat, undaunted and read Beach Music, by Pat Conroy, in a place near where I could run to for shelter.
The storm never fully materialised, though there was rain.
I found a spot on Decatur, which had actually been suggested to me by a guy who has been playing in New Orleans for 45 years. It was under an overhang, out of the rain.
Other musicians that I walked past were already in action and I saw that most of them appeared to have about 7 or 8 bucks in their cases or hats or cigar boxes.
I played for about an hour and made 7 bucks. The people were pretty picky; most of them stopping to listen before just indiscriminately throwing a tip just because I was "doing something" and not just begging, like the "gutter punks" who infest the same section of town. It is a section known for music with jazz and original music being prominent.
Then I stopped, for the rain was light but steady.
I went to my waterproof spot, using the umbrella which I had been carrying around for two weeks.
I Finally See Sue
I was woken up at the waterproof spot at 6 a.m. and then moved to the riverwalk to "finish" sleeping. There, I slept until the sun became too warm on me, at about 9:30.
A guy came along and told me that "they" were giving out backpacks with food in them at the Cathedral, not far from where I was.
I went there and, sure enough, I was given a backpack with food and hygiene stuff in it.
Then, I went to this library and updated yesterday's entry.
I left and saw Sue across the street, headed for the spot where I caught up to her and took the photo above.
She was angry because the "Rebuild Center" had not given her food after she showed up 10 minutes late for their "feeding."I went and got her a can of soup and an Arizona Mango drink. I got a can of chicken breast for Kooky.
Sue said that she doesn't eat cold soup, but took it anyways, planning upon heating it up "somehow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.