Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One Less Egg To Fry

Sue's Colors Come Shining Through
Yesterday, instead of blogging,
I deviated from my routine, in an attempt to intercept Sue somewhere, so I could try to retrieve my mp3 player.
Turns Out To Be Sly And Cunning...
I had fallen into a routine, which allowed her to grab her stuff from the sign spot and make off with it, while I was here in the library.
I ran into her on Royal Street. She was talking to Grandpa Elliot. He may be the person who is harboring her, somewhere around Frenchman Street, near where I play.
I asked her for my mp3 player.
Her face started to say "I don't know what you're talking about," so I added "I know I gave it to you on Bourban Street 'that' night."
She stammered a  bit and then demanded that I give her the cell phone which she had given me months ago, in exchange for my mp3 player. I told her that I wouldn't do that because:
  1. She gave me the phone, but I never gave her the mp3 player, only let her borrow it, and she knew that it was valuable to me for the songs that I am able to learn off of it.
  2. I have all kinds of stuff stored on the phone.
She went on to argue that, if I didn't "like" her, then I had no right to accept a gift from her and she wanted the phone in exchange for the player.
I told her that she could meet me in a couple days at the library, after I had unloaded my song lyrics, photos, blog backups and things of that nature off of the phone, and I would trade.
I also threatened to call the police and report the theft of the mp3 player, supply them with a photo of her (from this blog) and told her that, even if the thing wasn't upon her person, they would arrest her and charge her and she might sit in jail for 21 days before they were to drop the charges.
She said "Go ahead!," but there was some shakiness in her voice.
I then told her that I would expose her on this blog as being a theif, if she didn't give it back.
I left and was at Rouse's Market about an hour later, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. She motioned for me to follow her and started walking down the street towards Bourbon Street. I didn't have the patience to follow her too far. "What?," I asked.
She gave me the mp3 player, and walked off, despite my trying to talk to her.
I was going to ask her what made her think that I wasn't going to share any of the money that I had gotten from the Russians with her.
She was mad because I didn't give her any of it, to go along with the food and drink that people bought for us that night.
I was the one who played a John Lennon song five times.
I suppose we both became pretty materialistic about the 75 bucks or so that I made that night. Myself, because I earned it; and Sue, because she happened to be with me that night and felt entitled to some of it, to go with the Starbucks stuff and the food that I had bought for her all that week.
So, I got my mp3 player back, and there is less stuff hanging in the trees at the sign sleeping spot.
Court Again
I have to go to court again tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping that my attorney can settle the matters without me even appearing in court. That would free me up to leave here and travel.
Howard has said that he wanted to be in California before March, which is as early as I myself could leave, should I have to be present in the courtroom.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I don't know if you have the net-time to follow any other blogs and mine's pretty boring, "first world problems" compared to yours, but it looks like the motorcycle I got will be road-worthy today (riding on the freeway w/o some kind of fairing sucks bigtime) and in a couple of days I'm meeting with a guy to buy a cornet from him, not a student model more of an intermediate which is fine. Then with the bike and the horn, I'll be able to get around easily to the prime busking locations. This isn't that much of a concern now, but in the summer when it's 120 degrees here, being able to escape to cooler places and not fear the parking Mafia will be great. The busking won't even have to make me that much money, it's just that I'd rather do that than sit in a boring coffee shop to escape the heat.

    tl;dr - get your ass out here, I might be able to do some busking with ya.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.