Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Simple Life

Yesterday, my needs were simple.
I was to find some kind of fuel to burn in the little stove, not much larger than an ashtray, which Alex from California sent in one of his "goodie" packages from there.
I feel like I am living in a third world country (Downtown New Orleans) and am getting humanitarian aid from a wealthy nation (Bay Area, California) sometimes.
A trip to Rouse's Market (the big new one) produced no Sue sighting, and no fuel for the stove, either.
I don't want to risk Kerosene fume poisoning, a campsite gasoline explosion, or losing the stove when it shoots off like a rocket and lands on the roof of the Roosevelt Hotel, by experimenting with flammables in the little stove not much larger than an ashtray.
Sue has been missing out on some good food, lately, in my opinion.
My Latest Brainstorms
Could have thousands of One Man Bands
working "under" him, using
"Mr. Jojangles" licenced gear, but
fears the competition that it would create!
Brainstorm #1. Dress up like Sony Bono. Find a competent female singer, who is willing to dress like Cher. Then learn "I Got You, Babe," but with her singing Sony's part, and myself doing my, servicable in my opinion; Cher impression.
Brainstorm #2. Take detailed espionage-ish photos of Mr. Joejangles, the One Man Band's apparatus, and make figures and diagrams and patent them, and by showing a video of Joe (with his tip jar within the frame, of course) playing the thing, try to get a bank to lend money and a shop willing to assemble the things.
Joe wouldnt' even have to recognise it as his design if it were "modified" a bit...hmmm.
Joe hasn't really expressed any interest in anything beyond the scope of himself just travelling around and playing the thing. He doesn't want competition where he goes, from another One Man Band, playing a similar rig, and that is what he fears would happen, if he were to go into the same business, himself.
That might happen anyway, to poor Joe. Even if he doesn't patent the idea and/or the exact design of his rig, what is to stop from someone else (me?) from doing it. Joe could find himself competing with a One Man Band on every corner, and every one of them playing a "Daniel" brand apparatus LOL!!!
Other than that, it has been quiet.
Today, I will try again to get fuel for the little stove.
I will also try to get a strap for the Jasmine.
Humanitarian Aid
Alex from California is sparing me from having to deal with Mr. Joejangles on a neck brace type holder thing for a harmonica. He has informed me that he is sending one, along with a harmonica which fits in it. The first harmonica that he sent is of an unorthidox shape and will not fit into just any neck brace holder type thing...

1 comment:

  1. I'm helping you because people have helped me. You know why my email has "banjo" in it? A friend BOUGHT me a banjo, because I expressed an interest in learning to play one and thus making a living as a street banjoist. Plucked instruments and I just don't hit it off, I find the violin easy but I life in too rugged circumstances for a regular violin to survive well, I'd need one of those carbon fiber jobs at $2500 or more. But back in high school, the band leader picked me out for trumpet, and while we couldn't afford the mouthpiece (but somehow I was able to keep it and had it around for years, weird) and I only got as far as proving I could blow a longer note than anyone in Band, I think that bandleader may have had the ability to look at a kid and know what instrument to hand 'em. Because I have a trumpet again (cornet actually) and played around with it last night and wow, I haven't forgotten much from where I left off learning it for a few months a couple of years ago. I guess lips don't forget! My goal cornetwise, is to be decent-sounding in time for when the hot weather comes. Then, I can escape the heat by going to cooler places and play for tips, and I won't need to make a lot of $ doing this, because I have so much other work these days.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.