Thursday, March 1, 2012

On Bourbon Street

It is Thursday, the first of March.
  • Good News About Tickets
  • Good News About Food
  • 30 Dollar Night
A visit to attorney Howell's office produced the news that all three of my tickets will probably be dismissed seven days from now.
Today or tomorrow there should be a letter arriving at The Rebuild Center, stating the amount of food "benefits" that I have been approved for, for the next 6 months or maybe a year. No more fishing in the trash behind The Country Flame restaurant for me, then, even though they put the leftovers in clean bags and seem to set it where the "poor" can grab it.
Last night, I went directly to Bourbon Street, cutting out what has been my habit of starting on Decatur and then moving after the 8 p.m. curfew on street performers.
Many nights, I would only make a few bucks at that Decatur spot and then double or triple that amount on Bourbon Street. I attributed this to "things getting busier later on in the evening" and figured that it was probably picking up on Decatur as well, during the same timeframe. Now, I wonder about that.
I was on my spot by about 8 p.m.
The guys who live across the street in expensive historical condos, and who ran off a couple of performers the other night, said nothing to me as I started softly and slowly added volume.
They were hanging plant baskets in front of their places, and seemed very meticulous about the exact placement of them...that one is a tiny bit higher than this one...I think that they are gay (not that that bothers me, especially if they love my David Bowie and Elton John numbers).
I must admit that I have been cut some slack at a lot of performance spots. I wonder if they actually like the sound of me....?
In about an hour and a half, I had gotten about 20 bucks, a lot of it while playing "Here, There And Everywhere," by The Beatles and doing my darndest to make the harp sound as melodic as Paul McCartney's voice.
I ran to Stanley's which, from there, is only a few blocks further than from the Decatur spot and grabbed two Mardi Gras Bock beers, returned and made probably another 10 bucks

1 comment:

  1. It will be very excellent if you can escape there.

    I don't know how San Antonio or Austin are, law-enforcement wise. I know Texas has VERY strict drug laws, as in, puff a join and you WILL go to jail. Once you're out here in California you shouldn't have to worry much but in Texas, do what all the other shitkickers out there do and restrict your tastes to pissy beer.

    In theory when the motorcycle I have sells that pays for most of the car. I just don't know how long it will take to sell. But in theory I have all debts paid off and anything that might have to be done on this car, done this year.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.