Friday, April 27, 2012

A Hex On My Guitar

  • My First Recording
  • Another 7 dollar night
I don't know why, but I am in a foul mood.
I am sick of the way that the LSU students (both male and female) look at me as I walk the campus and the neighboring streets.
I am pretty sure that they have hidden insecurities about their college degrees eventually helping them to land jobs.
They probably think that some evil spirit has fabricated me (conjured me up, if you will) and made me appear to them as a form of a taunt to them to exacerbate their uncertainties about their futures, as if to say "This will be you, in twenty years, mark my words!!" -like I'm the ghost from Christmas future.
I think that is why I am getting an attitude from a lot of students that I walk by on the sidewalk, whose faces scrunch up in an expression of annoyance.
It is similar to the "NOLA scowl," seen in New Orleans, which communicated, "just get away from me...I don't want to hear it, whatever your deal is!"
7 bucks
I made about 7 bucks again, the apparent default amount in Baton Rouge.
I waited for the bus downtown, after being told that there was a bus downtown (the "Downtown B") by a bum at the Circle K.
Maybe there is, but it didn't apparently stop where I waited for almost an hour.
I went back into the Chime Street area, where Leroy was playing in front of the Varsity Theater. I didn't really have to play. A guy who was in town working a construction job gave me five bucks for letting him play my guitar. Then I played a couple songs and got another couple bucks off them, before going off to plug my new laptop computer in at the church and mess with it.
When I played the couple songs, it was the worst that I have sounded in years; just wasn't right; I think the guy put a hex on my guitar, or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.