Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Forced Onto Royal Street

Royal Street
A Load Of Horse Crap?
On my way to Starbucks, where I now am, and where I discovered Sue sitting in the very chair that I was on my way to sit in and plugged into the same outlet with her notebook; a random dude on Canal Street, seeing the guitar on my back, said "Royal Street is the place to busk, man!"
I was thinking: "I've been here almost a year, off and on, and I don't need some random dude on Canal Street to tell me where to busk..." but just continued walking, without saying anything.
Then, I got to thinking that, the musicians on Royal Street play until 4 in the morning, some of them.
The same 8 p.m. curfew law (technically) applies to the whole French Quarter, but it is common knowledge that the cops enforce it using their "discretion" and I've never heard of anyone being ticketed on Royal Street. It is almost as though they want to corral us all into the same general location...
But...if the horse cops did come by and see me playing after 8 after I had been ticketed for doing so, would they make a rare exception and take me to jail....?
Find out tomorrow...
If there is no post; then there is a pretty good chance that I am wearing an orange jump suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.