Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Miserable Busking Night

Last night was a miserable night for busking. I thought I would not be drinking because of lack of money. But then some guy asked me to play a song for he and his girlfriend when I was on my way to the store. He bought me two beers, which I consumed by the railroad tracks while I talked to Howard.
I found out that Howard actually has a plan, and that plan is to make it to California. I guess he figures that I will eventually get there and is tagging along in that hope.
I then sat down at the New York Hi Style spot with just the right buzz for playing; and played for a while and a lady came along and sat by me and wanted to sing.
She wanted to sing a specific list of songs, of which I knew "Wish You Were Here", by Pink Floyd and "The Unforgiven," by Metallica, to name a couple.
She passed me a bottle of wine. in the process.
We actually made 4 dollars with her singing and myself playing. She only asked for one of them, as I was packing up, ready to move to another spot and hoping to shake her in the most polite manner.
Then, I went to the Dauphine Market and was asked by a group of Germans (and one Russian) if I would take a group picture of them. I did, and they gave me a beer.
Then I went to my favorite spot near Cathedral Park and was happy to hear that the brass band which had been playing at Spot of Tea had stopped.
But, there were hardly any people out by then, and I was a bit drunk and had a bad attitude, so I just went to my sleeping spot and ate my sesame mackerel and green pea salad, which wasn't enough to elevate my mood.
I guess I learned that I can't protect myself against getting drunk by keeping myself broke; the devil will just send people to give me free drinks (awesome) I might as well try to make as much money as I can, and practice saying "no" to Satans minions.

1 comment:

  1. Haha staying sober there must be like trying to stay non-stoned in Santa Cruz. The only way I ever managed it is I'm not a pot smoker.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.