Thursday, October 25, 2012

Preparations Underway

A Lady Tips Sea Breeze
Last night, I played at the acoustically superior spot and made 6 dollars.
This morning, I woke up and made plans on how to go about getting to Jacksonville within the next 24 hours.
It involves washing clothes in the park and then taking them (wet) by Save-A-Lot where I will pack some food into my pack and then will continue on until I get to the laundromat, where I will dry the clothes, then continue on until I get to the tracks where the incoming trains stop for some reason.
I will ask the engineer if he is going to Jacksonville, and if he says "yes" then I will find a car to hop on; and will hopefully be in Jacksonville within 8 hours.
This is putting a lot of effort into getting to the Florida/Georgia game and I will consider anything less than 100 bucks made over the weekend to be a dismal failure; and anything less than 200 bucks to be just alright, given the fact that I will see the ol' city and maybe run into a friend or two.
This morning, I decided to still do my morning warm up and a lady came and gave me a dollar when I had just started to play Sea Breeze, as heard on todays audio clip...

3 comments:

  1. You're doing it kinda upside down, I'm surprised you don't wash 'em at the laundromat and then dry 'em by hanging 'em in trees etc when you're done.

    Whichever works though!

    And clothes dried in a dryer are sure nice ....

    For some reason my bad-ass messenger bag won't hold as much laundry as my laundry bag by a long shot, so I'm considering turning the laundry bag into some kind of a backpack for laundry day.

    But more important things are afoot ... I just can't get enthusiastic about the clarinet, however much I try, and tell myself I "should" because it's "best for busking".

    So today I'm going to check the pawn shops and see if I can pick up a cornet, or maybe a trumpet if there's an extra nice one, although I prefer the cornet because for one thing it's 5" shorter which makes it that much easier to carry and makes it stick out in the way 5" less.

    If I'm successful in finding one, I'll do some busking this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the upside down method is the fastest; clothes in trees take hours not minutes; they need to be guarded against clothing poachers; and they pick up airborne spores and such that thrive in the moist warmth and can undo some of the washings benefits; whereas a dryer is typically hot enough to sterilize the garment; the drawback is carrying the damp and heavy load to the laundromat...
    So the coronet is 5" further from the persons face that you're blasting it in?? Or does it allow the audience to crowd that much closer to the performer??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, that makes sense!

    The way I like to think about it is... the cornet is 5" less sticking out into the stream of pedestrians.

    I've washed out finding one, the pawn shop I was hoping to get one from, has closed. Their other branch in Sunnyvale may or may not be open, but their prices are high.

    Plus I have too much to do right now to go off on a wild horn hunt ... I might just give the clarinet a good workout before making my final decision. After all, it's just good preparation for the sax, and the sax *is* brass.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.