Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fine Tuned RADAR

Tuesday morning.
Sorry, We Have No Pockets...

I woke up broke and with strings ready to break on the guitar; but I HAD managed to pay Rob 15 dollars towards the bike which I may never ride, over the weekend.
The college womens "final 4" is taking place in town and will conclude this evening.
I suppose I will plop myself down somewhere and go through the motions, trying to get a tip out of them; seems a "tall" order, though...

I woke up thinking about Tanya Huang.
Tanya had asked me "So, how are you doing?" when I encountered her Sunday morning; as she was eating what I told her was too heavy a meal for such a hot day; and preparing to play. "It could make you sleepy..."
She looked truly concerned about me, as I had her to myself for a minute; a  little tired; and there was a motherly tone about her, and a vibe which reminded me of when an old ex-girlfriend asked me the same question when I was seeing her for the first time in a few years; and a vibe which I used to get from Sue, (the Colombian lady).
It seemed genuine, at any rate.
Most people clear out and let her eat her food in peace; but she told me (when I was about to do so) that she liked to talk and eat at the same time. That may be a "Chinese" thing....
I wanted to tell her "It depends upon how you measure sucess," (and that just the fact that she was concerned about me had me doing better instantly).
There was a weariness about her, perhaps because she was coming off of three consecutive 12-hour days.
I came back by their spot; after making some money on Bourbon Street, and stopped to listen.
They had an audience of about 30 people around them.
At one point, Tanya turned her body so that the neck of her violin was pointed at me like a rifle barrel, so that I could see down the strings at her fingerings and what she was doing with the bow; and she was looking me in the eyes.
I didn't know what to make of that, unless she was trying to convey "look how easy this is; you should be able to get it together..." or was trying to cast a musical spell upon me and transfer some of her talent telekinetically...I don't know...
But, after aknowledging her gaze with my best attempt at a little smile (my face is becoming solidified into "the NOLA scowl;" as a reaction to the environment here; and I literally have to "crack" one and can hear sinews straining and bones creaking) I looked to a group of tourists on my left and noticed a girl of about 10 years in age, staring at me and who then looked back at Tanya, and then back at me; and I wondered if anything had gone right over my head, but which was picked up by the fine-tuned RADAR which 10 year old girls come equipped with.
Time To Work
To every thing there is a time and a place and a purpose; and though I don't feel like playing music; I guess I must, like the guy who has to make the doughnuts everymorning..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.