Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Morning At 5 O'Clock

...as the day begins.
Hard Times Befall
Basically the most important thing was to replace the string which I broke the previous evening.
The purple bike would be an asset.
I am out of food stamp money for the next 8 days.
Cash has dwindled
I will just do the best that I can tonight; and hope for some luck...

Throat Thing
Amateur Doctors Feel Free To Weigh In
The thing in my neck, which I am thinking is a swollen structure such as a tonsil or an adnoid or any other thing that is just there doing nothing but can become irritated and swell up and take forever to recede.
When I swallow, it feels like something (the size of an almond) is stuck in my throat right around the area where I remember "Mumps" to have shown their symptoms as a kid, but just on one side..
I have been having symptoms of a chest cold, the past three weeks. It is not a dry cough but, I have to basically cough my brains out, so that I see stars...
And, it really isn't a tickling in the throat; just the sensation that there is something to cough up...Every half hour....
.
I think that I took something in which my body thinks if a foreign body; something stuck to the tissues in my lungs or something.
Creating all that mucous probably has some gland working overtime....
It is an over all systemic thing, though because meditation and yoga type stuff helps it;
Monday, Bike Repair
Tuesday, Laundry
Today, New String
All the batteries on my phones and mp3 players were dead this morning.
It is 5 p.m. and I have obtained a brand new string to replace the one which I broke last night.
I would have considered getting a whole new set, but the Elixir strings, which boast 3.5 times the life of regular strings where still on there and still short of having fulfilled their promise.
I decided to just replace the busted one.
And that is what I have accomplished today.
Eying Atlanta
For some reason, when I start to travel in a couple weeks (after the 5th of July when my food card gets credited) I wan to stop in Atlanta, where I will busk; avail myself to whatever Rebuild Center type places that they have there; and have a good chance of running into Karrie, my old estranged girlfriend.
It just seems like a reasonable "first leg" of a journey; and a good way to answer the question of "Can I make enough money to travel, just on busking; and to keep new strings on the guitar and clean clothes on myself?"

1 comment:

  1. Well, I rented my violin a week ago. Today I dared to take it out of the case and practice. Pretty awful, but "pretty awful" is a sliding scale ... I really only have about 3 months' violin experience, and that was back in 07. It felt great though, and I made myself stop after an hour. An hour's enough as a beginner.

    The trouble is, just while I'm getting settled back into a routine that involves regular violin practice, some electronics work, and making/selling ribbons for extra money, there's a chance I may have to leave the place I'm living in. So, I'm putting feelers out about available couches, garages, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.