Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Old Government?!?

United States   44
Russia           
17
China
3
Germany
3
Canada
2
France
1
Ghana
1
Mexico             
1
Russia Grooving To Protest Song
My post of yesterday, entitled "This Danged Old Government," and including a link to Brian Hudsons song of the same name, drew some extra traffic from Russia...
I just hope that if Brian Hudson is invited to tour that great country; he will invite me along as a translator/food tester/backup singer...
Money
Yesterday was miserable money-wise.
Royal Street was slow; and I was hoping that Bourbon would be the converse; as it sometimes is when large groups of people are "done" with Royal Street and saving Bourbon Street (and their money) for last.
That wasn't to be the case; and I played for a couple hours; mostly working on new material; and was visited by a couple "wanna be" musicians; one of whom said that he was going to go get his bongos and jam with me.
He never returned.
 
Above, if it displays right, is what looks like an early morning jam between Doreen (Ketchum), Dorise (Blackmon) and Laurence "You've got something to say on that guitar" (Ketchum).
I found it on Youtube, where anyone can; but I have gone through the trouble of embedding it here for your listening pleasure; at the click of a mouse.
The coffee cups in so many tourists hands are a clue to how early in the morning this must have been; it's not a bad version, and a chance for Dorise to have escaped from pop music for a time...

Back to the wanna be musicians of Tuesday night, September 3rd...
And another; who was pretty drunk and who became angry at some perceived slight; and who stormed off, yelling "I'm sorry, but I'm not a great guitarist!!"
He didn't even turn any of the few heads within earshot...

The guy dressed as a restaurant employee  who had given me some excellent tuna salad (with a lot of egg whites) and whose name I forget, came by and I returned his tupperware to him and thanked him...
More Wasabi, Please
I stopped playing at 9 p.m., and found so much food (including 3 containers of sushi, and 3 of Greek salad) outside of Rouses Market; that I decided to not even wait around for the chicken bag; and to give myself a chance to test out such an all-sushi-and-salad diet for the day.
I thought about Tanya Huang while I was eating it.
In the morning, I felt great
New Glasses In Sight
I guess one of the good things about my failure to have left here a month ago; when I first started trying to; is that I now have the paperwork from my Unity caseworker; which "documents" my homelessness; and I can take this to the Rebuild Center as soon as I finish here; and they will set up an appointment for me to see an optometrist and I will be able to get a replacement for the eye glasses which I am now wearing which are being held together by guitar strings and which have badly scratched lenses.
I had sat the glasses next to my backpack and forgotten they were there when I dragged the heavily stuffed thing towards me to get something out of it and in the process raked the glasses across the concrete under the weight of the bag..
A Marked Man
My choice of frames will be limited to the few which are covered by whatever organization is footing the bill.
I suppose that they (the organization) are in cahoots with the government; who want to make the homeless distinguishable from the rest of society...to facilitate discrimination....
They give them (us) free cell phones; which many believe are a way to factor the homeless into the census (just count how many phones were given out) and others believe are actually monitored for criminal activity and tracked using GPS.
The easiest way to count the numbers of homeless in a community, they have rightly guessed; is to set up in a park and start handing out something for free.
The homeless can even use their free phones to spread the word that something else is being given out for free. 
I suppose that if I am wearing my eye glasses and talking on my phone it will be easy for them to pick me out of a crowd and thrust me up against a wall some day; if the backpack isn't enough of a give away...
Crazy Fingers
 My Newest Song
I have learned most of the Grateful Dead song with the above title.
It was requested of me by Barnaby about 2 weeks ago, and it is the lyrics which are slowing me down.
"May Lady Lullaby sing plainly for you, soft, strong, sweet, and true"
I could never hear them (all) off of the cassette recordings of the band which we made in the 80's because they are sung so softly; so they are new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.