Friday, December 6, 2013

Beholded To Nobody

You people are going to have to sit tight and hope that this blog becomes interesting, just hang in there...
Bonnie Raitte is playing at the Saenger Theatre tomorrow (Saturday) night.
I plan to refresh myself on the 3 songs of hers that I know and then, using a strap, walk up and down the queue of people who have paid their 55 dollars and are waiting to be let in; and play those 3 songs repetitively and hope to bank 100 dollars...
That is my dream.
I am still hanging around with Leslie and it has become clear to me that he is all about alcohol.
I am 88% all about alcohol, it seems, but he sees no clear reason to play music for the masses when he has drinking money...
The weather is forecast for the temperatures to drop to "low 40's" as a cold front moves in tonight.
I traded some money off my food card yesterday for 40 dollars and then unwittingly mentioned that fact to Leslie, who began to text me relentlessly, wanting to know my exact location and "Can I meet you somewhere?" ....so you can get me drunk, because I know you have money; and when I have money; I blow it all on booze- no guitar strings, no razors, no new harmonicas; no copies of sheet music of new songs to learn; no new strings, no batteries for the guitar tuner; no shoe laces; no patchouli oil; no clean laundry...nothing to show for it...and so why shouldn't you return the favor???
Sure, I am crashing for "free" at Leslie's place.
Last night, the person who bought some food off my card (for 50 cents on the dollar) only had a small advance on the cash owed to me. I will get the rest in about an hour.
Leslie did not know this.
He might have assumed that I sold the whole months worth of food for 100 dollars.
As he got drunker, I started to sense that he was treating me like a person who had 100 dollars in his pocket, yet was being stingy with it...
He kept wanting to go back out into the quarter in the wee hours of the morning to "look for free drinks that people left behind... hint, hint...would someone with 100 dollars in his pocket let his good friend degrade himself in that way; looking in trash cans in front of everybody....?
He actually copped an attitude, and I was close to just packing up and going under the dock to sleep; and I probably should have.
That way I would be beholden to nobody except myself.....

1 comment:

  1. It might get seriously cold there in a few days, since we're having a real cold snap here in California and the weather seems to go west to east.

    So, being 88% about alcohol, it's looking like Leslie is going to be your "life partner" rather than Karrie.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.