Monday, April 27, 2015

India House Hostel For Hostile Johnny B.

I saw Johnny B. emanating from the general direction of the India House Hostel, early this morning (about 1 AM). He must have played in the Quarter until after midnight.
Johnny Goes Around The Corner
Johnny's new roommates (left) at the India House Hostel ($15 a night, and right around the corner from my apartment).
I'm surprised that they let him in, considering the "dive" that he took, in going to there from my dwelling...

I hadn't gone out to play, it being a Sunday, and the clock working against me.

I was tired, and hungry and so I ate a good meal, and then went to sleep.

I have finally contacted the food stamp people, and my caseworker said that she was going to send me a letter, pertaining to my account.

I am afraid that this letter might notify me of a reduction in my food stamp amount, based upon the fact that I now have an "assisted living" unit at Sacred Heart Apartments, where my rent and utilities are paid for.

I still had no income to report (it is  a jinx against further income for a busker to ever claim that he makes anything at all) and so, I may remain at the same amount of $194 per month.

Rouses Market has stopped putting discarded food out at night, and what an unfortunate time, for me, for them to have invoked this policy, as I could have filled my freezer with a months worth of food in just a few days, out of their freshly expired refuse...
"Push over, ladies, I don't bite" -Johnny B.


Not too shabby, for $15/night....

4 comments:

  1. Even I didn't things would go bad this quickly.

    I have noticed among street musicians, the ones who speak badly about other ones tend to turn out to be assholes.

    That India hostel sounds like a deal, but if I ever visit I'll probably see about renting a room from dorise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think that the methadone is a "cure" and probably makes him just as cranky coming down off it as anything else; poor guy has to busk for probably 8 hours each week; just to feel "normal"
    Street musicians who speak badly about the other ones, as well as everyone else they encounter in a typical day; are even worse assholes

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad that dead beat hit the bricks!! I didnt trust him..never trust a junkie Daniel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel listen to Mr anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.