Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Funny How That Happens

Saving My Skin
It is Tuesday.

I was up at 4 AM, after having slept the normal night hours, rather than busking.
My skin is still bothering me, and was a factor in my decision to get some rest and stick to a fruit and vegetable diet.

Salvador, The Movie
The movie that I watched last night, instead of busking was "Salvador," which came out in 1986, and is based upon a true story. It is one of about a dozen that Tim, my caseworker gave me.

Amazing how, while that all out war was raging in the streets of El Salvador, and hundreds of people were being blown away by (U.S. supplied) munitions, I was in Massachusetts, working as a computer technician and probably having a bad day, cussing and throwing things, because the alternator on my car was acting up, or because someone got in the passenger seat without looking and sat on my Yes "Close To The Edge" CD, snapping it in half.
- 4 out of 5 stars....
Down By Law, The Movie

The other one, which I watched after waking up at 4 AM and having coffee, was "Down By Law," with Tom Waites both acting in and composing a lot of the music for.

It was shot in Louisiana, with scenes in New Orleans, and it was just as cool as I thought it would be to watch one of the myriad movies which are being (increasingly) shot in New Orleans. There are film crews all over the place out there.

- 3 1/2 out of 5 stars...

The dry skin and rash is taking forever to go away. I think that I may have lowered my tolerance for whatever irritates me by going on the last fast/cleanse of 18 days. 18 days it took in order to feel great, and just a few days of eating and drinking the wrong things to ruin it.
I was also alcohol free during that period.
New Recordings
I am going to to set aside a few hours for the task, and replace the "Crappy Recordings Made Outdoors" sidebar to the right of this blog with "Snowball Era" songs.

I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea that they could come to New Orleans and make a steady 16 dollars per hour busking, sounding only as good as those crappy recordings. They are misleading in that regard.

I plan upon replacing that whole section, and will have to try the mp3 hosting site to see if it will still work, and that my account hasn't been closed due to lack of activity or something.
Recovery, Recuperation
I hope to be able to go out tonight, after this day of sobriety, and recover some money for things like laundry and toilet paper, and eventually food, towards the end of the month, as my expensive juicing habits ($2.70 for one papaya, for example) have chewed up more than half of my food stamp money with three quarters of the month left to go.

The drinking is just going to have to go; especially since my alter ego seems to want to wipe me out financially just to keep me from drinking too much...

Funny how, as soon as you spend yourself broke, you notice that one of the holes on your harmonica has gone out of tune, you are wearing your last set of clean clothes, and as you sit in a dark bathroom (because the bulb burned out as soon as you flipped the switch) you see a toilet paper roll with barely anything left on it; as your lighter comes on to light your last cigarette. Funny how that happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.