Friday, October 13, 2017

Time To Start Picking Up

I should just close up this laptop, and proceed directly to the Lilly Pad, where I could be plucking my first note by 9:30. All I'm going to blog about is money shortage, so why am I sitting here?
Last night, I didn't start playing until about 12:30 AM, and made about 8 bucks in a little over an hour; off of pretty sparse tourism.
A water fast might be on the horizon. All I would have to lose is the 5 pounds I gained while on a pancake with butter and all fruit spread heavy diet...
4 of those dollars came from a couple of young guys who said that they had heard me playing earlier. I was packing up, but they still tipped me.
I had been doing "Like A Rolling Stone," by Bob Dylan when they had walked by.
This is a song that I think I could play repeatedly for 3 hours, and probably net my "average" of 54 dollars off of it.
One of the "problems" is that it is in the key of G, and thus the notes on my C major harmonica don't yield the bluesy notes that people are familiar with.
This is no big deal because Dylan played in a "anybody can play a harmonica" style.
One of the drawbacks with using the harness to hold the harmonica to free the hands up to play guitar is that you can't do any of the cupping of the hands around the thing to produce a wide vibrato of the notes (and to look like Jake or Elmore Blues while doing so).

But this opens up a whole different approach to the instrument.
Think the harp solo on "Isn't She Lovely?" by Stevie Wonder, or the one on "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues," by Elton John, rather than "Whammer Jammer," by The J. Geils Band, as far as style.
No card arrived on this, the day after my birthday, from my mom, making me concerned that she is alright, more than anything.
I have my all day bus pass, good until almost 3 in the morning, and could be busking by 10 PM.
This would solve 90% of my problems.
Having a 50 dollar night, might make me tell Travis to just keep his money and "have a good life," should he show up for the remainder of his stuff and try to foist a couple dollars and a cigarette upon me.
I don't know why it should be important to me that he understands that, knowing what I do now; he would never have been allowed to stay at my place.
If I were to have told him that I didn't want anyone staying with me; he most likely would have come up with a good chunk of money and handed it to me up front. Then, I would have had the option of kicking him out after his 10 days were up.
The way it worked out, I kind of had to keep him around with my sights set on his promises over "when I get my food money on the 5th," and "when I get back from New York on the 10th."
I can't help thinking that he is a manipulative skeezer who was using me.
As we hung out together, with him doing almost all of the talking, he was probably gauging me to determine just how nice of a guy I was i.e. how much he could chintz out on me; with me being alright, because I can go out and make money busking; so why should he have to deliver on his promises? I'd be just fine.
I have thought of one way that I could exact some revenge upon him. Since I do have his food stamp card, along with the pin number, I suppose I could call and cancel the thing. Then he wouldn't find out until the 5th of next month rolled around, and the money didn't come.
Then, he might have to wait a couple of weeks.
I think he sells his food stamps, though, because he prefers to eat at restaurants. He talks about planning to try all of the restaurants in the area of his new home; which is just another clue that he probably makes more money than he was letting on to me, as he tried to freeload..
OK; closing up this laptop and going out to busk....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.