Saturday, March 17, 2018

I Chintz Out Again

I had all the fields filled out, and had only to hit the "complete purchase" button and my green American Express card would have been charged 8 dollars and Big Ben.
change, and, within a few days would have arrived a DVD which would have had an installable Ubuntu Linux 17.10 operating system on it, with all the bells and whistles, plus an assortment of different bells and whistles that can be downloaded, like the sound of

All I would have to do was a complete installation, with the sellers of the DVD standing behind me, their 98% reputations shining and glaring off my screen.
And then, I could lay to rest all my cares, and be making videos of my cat, set to my original music, in no time...

But, then I thought: The reason that I haven't downloaded Ubuntu 17.01 for free is because the only flash drive that I own is a 1 gigabyte one; and it takes 1.4 gigabytes to hold Unbuntu, plus the installer on a bootable USB drive that would act just like the DVD.

If I were to find for purchase in the dollar store, a 2 gigabyte stick, it would probably be at the most a 7 dollar item. Upon this I could download for free the Linux system; and then, I would have a fine 2 gigabyte stick to back up my music and cartoons to.

We are in a world of 128 gigabyte sticks, so I might find a 2 gig in a discount bin at the Goodwill with $4 written in magic marker on a piece of masking tape stuck to it...

3rd Consecutive 18 Dollar Night

Friday night, I followed the 18 dollar Thursday with yet another one.

It was almost 11 PM when I started playing, and it was 12:38 AM the first time I looked at my watch after the joint had worn off, and I came down from the cloud.

Reading and following the principles outlined in the book, "The Power of Now," by Eckhart Tolle, has had an impact upon me.

I am now almost able to squelch the reflexive thoughts that I now realize I have been habitually having. Like, mumbling: "No, I don't have a dollar and I don't have a cigarette!" to myself at the sight of any black person who is coming my way. I can't determine why, but, not identifying with those thoughts...my brain is producing them but they have nothing to do with the person I am," type of thing, has helped me in my interactions with other human beings.

And, I have been having what seem like more genuine interactions with the tourists, as I busk. I've just been getting a whole lot of "wish we had cash, 'cause we would so throw you 20 bucks!," lately.

I think I would saddle up and go out each and every night for a guaranteed 18+ dollar night.

I am enjoying playing much lately, and last night a guy who had stood across the street from me for about 15 minutes came over and put a dollar in my jar, after having told me that he really enjoyed listening to me and that he had been standing there and my music had been making him happy.

I trust that, as Eckhart Tolle affirms, there is a whole collective consciousness in the world, being stewarded by those who have read his book, and others who have gotten to the same conclusion that the only thing that matters is the present moment, the past is an illusion, and the future never existed in the first place.

So, I fell into the peaceful state at the Lilly Pad, of one who wouldn't mind dying there, as everyone has to die somewhere, and I felt like I had all my ducks in a row and that, to be hit in the head by a stray bullet right in the middle of a harmonica solo might be a cool way to go; but not in a morbid way, I might retain my consciousness through the experience and be more like Jesus.

There is a lot of irony in spirituality. You must die to yourself before you can have life and have it in abundance.

So, I have noticed a marked increase in the quality of my interactions with people, and the skeezers have even respectfully gotten up and moved to another stoop upon my arrival at the Lilly Pad. This, after I had paused before walking over there and reminded myself that both the skeezer and I have in common that we are both mortal in the physical sense and immortal through our connection to the timelessness of being in God's presence.

Then I make up my mind that I am going to give the skeezer a cigarette if he asks. This seems to give me the right momentum when I show up, with my greeting of them adjusted accordingly; they haven't asked for the cigarette, but have moved away from the spot.

Vikki Buys Me 2 Packs Of American Spirits And A New Kratom Repository Emerges.
I got to the Unique Grocery Store at about 1:15 AM where I just sat on my bike out front, walking the aisles of the store in my mind, seeing if I needed anything.
I had 23 dollars.

The words of someone that Eckhart quoted in his book came to me. He was a zen master and had asked a pupil: "What is lacking right now?"

I suppose the student could have been thirsty as hell at that moment, whereupon the master might have given him a glass of water and then asked again.
But, I felt very comfortable, as if I could have died right there in front of The Unique Grocery, of all places.

I went into the store and counted my money over by the wine section. I began to look at the wine bottles. Some of them looked very delicious, especially a shiraz from South Australia. It was the strongest desire I have had for alcohol probably since a month after I quit drinking, 27 months ago, now.

Then, I noticed a gold package stuffed in one of the cardboard sleeves that hold the kratom that they sell there.

That is where I discovered kratom, not even knowing if I was supposed to smoke it or snort it or swallow it, but I soon found cheaper sources of it.

Their 10 grams for 11 dollars is about twice the price of getting it by the 5 gram shot at the Uxi Duxi. But they are open around the clock (except for a couple hours between 4 and 6 AM).
 
The gold pack, I asked about. It was an entirely different brand than the blue and green and red strains in the 11 dollar packs.

And, it was 65 capsules for $12.99, which equates to getting 22.5 grams more for two dollars more over the other packs.

And, it was "gold maeng da" a strain which has just invaded the Uxi Duxi also, but which I haven't tried, and which promised to be extremely potent, in fact I think it was "Extreme" brand kratom.

Well, well.

Now I stood there in a trance, having not decided to pay $7.55 for a pack of American Spirits, but with visions of 32.5 grams of gold maeng da in my head.
And visions of having 32.5 grams of gold maeng da in my head, in my head...

I would still have 10 bucks left over, enough weed for a couple days, and would buy some kind of cheese in order to make my own pizza from scratch, maybe even one with rice flour in the crust, I thought.

I decided against getting the kratom, mostly because then I wouldn't be able to walk into the Uxi Duxi and answer their "Do you want a shot?" with: "No, I found a great deal on some and bought an ounce plus 5 and a half grams for $13.20 out the door, but I think I'll just sit here and use your wi-fi..."

Plus, I need to see if gold maeng da is "right for me," to use the parlance of the pharmacological trade.

In tune with the general mysteriousness of kratom is the fact that different strains enhance different people in different ways. I didn't want to invest in something that might make me feel distant and robotic and not connected to the rest of creation, even if it was a great deal.

I would try a couple shots of gold maeng da at the Uxi Duxi first.

The green borneo that I do, gives me a ritalin like effect, making me work hard, without caring too much about the fruits of it.

Speaking of which, it is already 9:06 PM, and St. Patrick's Day parades have concluded and there will be a lot of tourists with green beer in their systems out tonight.

The flash drive, plus kitty litter, are on my mind as I go out.

So, back to the Unique Store...

So, there was this guy in his late 20's standing by me, actually kind of blocking my way to my bike, which the Unique Staff allow me to wheel right into the store, and I half-jokingly asked: "Hey, do you want to go in halves on a pack of American Spirits?"

He said he didn't smoke. I congratulated him on that, and we started to have a conversation about vices in general and I was able to steer that conversation towards being in the present moment and some of the Eckhart Tolle stuff.
Soon, a young lady, who had gone through the line at the register appeared.
She looked a lot like a girl named Corey who had almost become my girlfriend in Mobile, Alabama 6 years ago. Her vibe was very similar and I had the notion that she would probably develop a crush on me, as Corey had done in Mobile.
She was with the guy who was blocking my bike. Her name was Vikki.

She wound up buying me 2 packs of American Spirits, after we had caught her up with some of the conversation that we had had which had started with me asking the guy if he wanted to split a pack of smokes.

They both seemed happily drunk.

She apologized in advance if I was going to be insulted by her offering to buy me cigarettes. For all she knew, I could have owned the store, right?

And so, the story has no conclusion except that, I kind of saw that as a way that I could become a little more generous and maybe offer a Sacred Heart resident a cigarette, here and there, after I take my pack out of my pocket and before they ask: "Can I get one of those?"

My Riddle

I have invented a riddle.
"What is the correlation between the Uxi Duxi kava bar and the number 22?
A certain portion of the population, arguably the more intelligent ones, would see the place and think "22" right away. Why???

Answer to my riddle in one week, unless someone gets it sooner....

1 comment:

  1. I think you can just download the latest Ubuntu for free

    https://www.ubuntu.com/

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.