Friday, May 18, 2018

A Beautiful Day For A Hurricane

There were a couple of drops of rain falling out of an otherwise pretty sunny sky with only a few clouds, as I stepped out into the 90 degree parking lot at about 2:30 PM.

I had the hundred dollar bill that I had gotten as a tip on what otherwise would have been a 25 dollar Thursday night.

I had played for almost an hour and had only one dollar in my basket, and had resigned myself to the possibility that it might be a one dollar night altogether when the floodgates kind of opened with one group coming along out of which a guy asked me if he could take pictures of me, who threw a few bucks in, and then a couple more 5 dollar bills appearing after each of a couple songs that I was doing for the love of it, not trying to guess what people might like.

But, in the naked light of day, the hundred dollar bill looked suspect. Sure, I could see Ben Franklin when I held it up to the light, but the blue plastic band had broken in a couple places and the paper was peeling back in a spot where it should have been under the blue plastic band. It appeared that the band had been adhered to it after the paper had peeled. And, aren't the new 100 dollar bills made of a plastic-like substance that wouldn't peel? I wondered.

But, it passed the pen and ink test at the dollar store and I put 90 dollars on my green American Express card. Now, I can order tuning machines for the Takamine, and I guess, list the Epiphone on Craigslist at 85 dollars (bought brand new for a hundred and only played like hell for 5 nights, type of thing...).

And this signals the beginning of the preparations for making a busking trip to New England to see family and friends. The 92 degree temperatures are another signal...

The video above is what I encountered as I stepped out of GNC on my way, I thought, to the Uxi Duxi.
I wound up waiting an hour for it to stop and then getting soaked from head to toe after my patience wore out...

1 comment:

  1. One time in Hawaii I was literally across the street from where I was living, so I had to cross two lanes of road, and some driveway, and this little storm passed over and dumped rain on me so heavily, it was like I'd jumped in a swimming pool. It came on in a flash and was done in a flash too.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.