Monday, July 30, 2018

All Thumbs

Ti.ContinuatioMy "attempt" at getting the same job that my next door neighbor, Wayne, does has momentarily become frozen.I am becoming philosophical about it...
"If something seems too good to be true, it probably is." -the free laptop, the "freedom" to be able to work at home, tethered to the required land-line that's function seems to be in part to keep the employee at home, so that they won't be trying to field customer's questions about their Apple products from a seat on the ten yard line at The Mercedes-Bendz Superdome, or somewhere.
It would be easy for me to think that getting the job would give me a break from the rigors of busking, and would make life easier for me. But then, there is a reason that it is called a "job" and that you have to "work" it.
Wayne is behind on his rent.
Wayne would not have to pay rent, were he not gainfully employed.
The list goes on, but it has started raining here, at the Uxi Duxi
and so will finish this later... I'm at the plasma place and texting with one finger and I can't see the words that I am putting down because I had to switch to the web version just to find a "new post" button anywhere.
This is  going to be the 7th donation of the month of July and the limit of my bonuses has been reached.
The song: "Last Time" by the Rolling Stones is looping in my head.
What could ever bring me back here for just 15 dollars? Besides knowing that my plasma is going to be used to make life saving medications...
I have a lot of respect for anyone who gives whole blood and gets no compensation, not even a thumbs up from the guy who was bleeding to death...
Yup, a lot of respect!
I have just discovered that tipping my phone sideways reorients the keypad so it is wider and a hell of a lot easier to type on.
Something that any ten year old already knew...
My first smartphone ever just got a lot easier to use...
Try standing yours up and texting and you will see what I mean... I have

5 comments:

  1. You can contact the company on your own, you know. The only difference is your friend doesn't get his $250 bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://fulltimejobfromhome.com/concentrix-review-is-working-for-concentrix-a-scam/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My seeking out the above link seemed to result in my internet crashing for a "time out" period of 15 minutes, as if to say, "we're warning you.....!"

    However it seems to give a good run-down and even a link - I dare you to find it - to click on to apply.

    All in all it seems there are a LOT of loops to jump through to work for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In general I am extremely skeptical of "ways to make money online".

    After losing everything in the crash, I've looked several times at getting back onto Ebay, myself, and every time some basic analysis has shown that I'm far better off holding a sign at a freeway onramp, "crask spanging" (walking around parking lots asking for spare change" or ... busking.

    The hourly rate SUCKS. It's a great way to make about $3 an hour.

    You've observed that doing this job supposedly-only-obtainable-through-Wayne, you'd make about $6 - $8 an hour. That's what I figured my "awareness ribbons" hustle would make me, when I figure the 6 hours' travel time between here and Santa Cruz where I'd hustle the things.

    HOWEVER ... it was all cash, no record. I could work it when I wanted and not, if I wanted. I got to talk to people. It was in freaking Santa Cruz! I never got around to trying it up in The City, but it could well be that it'd work as well there too, maybe even better, with no longer a travel time. (Walk to light rail station, 1/2 hour. Wait for Airport Flyer bus and ride it to Santa Clara Station or take light rail downtown to Diridon station and hop the CalTrain there, another half hour to 45 minutes. Train to SF, call it an hour an a half if it's a local, hope I'm lucky and get on a Limited. Final leg to Fisherman's Wharf maybe another half hour. Where am I? About that same 3 hours ...

    You talk about the "drudgery" of busking ... busking was supposed to be the easy job! I know about it being drudgery, at least to some extent. (to be continued)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    That night with the doumbek drum guy blasting away was a bit of drudgery. I'm stubborn and so was he ... interestingly, I moved over in front of Easy Foods to get the late-night buzzed people hopping in for more alcohol, and lots of "Amazing Grace" had me the few more dollars I needed to make in fairly short order.

    But then any music act is going to be "I've got to go out and play that thing again" at times, for anyone. It seems really easy to get into a rut. I'm learning that it's important to listen to others' music to keep from getting stale. Just when I think "Saints" is getting stale, I listen to Doreecn The Clarinet Queen and she's got a whole different twist on it.

    You're in luck in that a lot of old rock songs, even the Dead, are being covered by new bands these days.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.