Friday, August 24, 2018

Huge!

One must busk on a Friday night. It is five minutes before nine right now.
18 Dollar Thursday.

I couldn't fathom how I had allowed myself to totally run out of money and just about everything else, as I rode towards the Lilly Pad, at around 11 PM, on a Thursday night that looked kind of dead. "I might not make anything at all," was a sobering thought, but it was me being realistic.
After about a half hour of playing, I had maybe one dollar.
Then arrived a couple from Berlin, Germany named Heinrich (Henry) and Anna, who at first threw me a dollar when I was playing John Lennon, and then who wound up giving me 12 of the 18 dollars that I would make in a couple hours of playing.
This was huge, because I had run out of cat food and coffee.

1 comment:

  1. So, summer == the slow season there?

    The "kids" are going back to college here now, and Labor Day's a week or so off, so does it start to pick up now?

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.