Friday, April 26, 2019

HorseHead Slaughter, And How I Think About Human Beings In General

As it is time to go out to busk because it is a Friday night during Jazzfest, and Phil Lesh and the remaining members of the Grateful Dead are in town, playing as "Phil Lesh And The Friends Of Terapin" or something similar.

The video, I put together with a song that I made using the horse head as a rhythm.

As usual, I ran out of creative steam well before it was time to put the icing on the cake and feature vocals, perhaps with clever lyrics, and instrumental solos, played on guitar, harmonica, an electric guitar borrowed from Bobby in building C, that would become the actual song that I would play and sing over the beat, but...

By the time I had this "techno beat" finished, I think the sound of my door swinging open and closed for hours on end through the studio monitors, and the fact that, even 12 hours into the project, I would catch myself flinching and ready to yell, "Go away, skeezer!" at the sound of the knocking on the door (it's a chill down the spine inducing sound) were getting to me.

I supposed that might say something about how I think of human beings in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.