Thursday, September 19, 2019

Gone Fishing

I am dividing my time about 9 ways, with the studying of the Photoshop type book being near the top of the pile.
Plus, I have at least a couple more "songs" that just need one or more parts to be complete enough.
Plus, I'm in the middle of reading a dozen books.
There is lot of classical music I want to check out, with downloading more Schumann and more Brahms, Bruckner and Stravinsky being at the top of the list.
I am still doing the self help dialogues, when not setting them to music.
And, I think that, by the time I can play the stuff in the Mel Bay Modern Guitar Method, Book 2, to my satisfaction, then I will just about be able to play the stuff in Book 8 just as well. It is kind of like learning to read. Once you can do so, there is nothing that you can't read. Comprehension is another thing, but.
Jacob and I were just talking about how there are some very amazing and "gifted" musicians out there, but some of them are so "good" that they are not accessible to the common man.
Stravinsky was arguably in this group, as is the guitarist Alan Holdsworth, who is idolized by some for his technical abilities, but dubbed "Mr. a-million-notes-that-say-nothing" by others.
I guess there will always be a longer line outside a Madonna concert than the one outside Symphony Hall, on any given night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.