Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Impact Words

Yeah, so it isn't like I haven't been doing anything lately.
The idea of the
"Awaken the Genius" book has to do with somehow aligning oneself with the intelligence which made the universe, and by not resisting it, becoming more of whom you were meant to be, etc.

So, the song above started out as a recording of one of the dialogues that are provided in the book and are meant to be made using a person's own voice, because of that having been proven to be relaxing and soothing, and are intended to be listened back to and used to hypnotize and program oneself. The theory being that it would be easier to talk oneself into walking around flapping your arms and clucking like a chicken than it would for any unfamiliar sounding voice to do so.

 But, I have stuck with these dialogues longer than I have with any other self help type of program in the past.

Usually, as soon as I started to see positive results and realize that the new program might lead me down the quick path to success, I back off a bit, to give myself time to ponder if that is really what I want, type of thing, and then I usually never got back to the book or CD, or whatever. Fear of success and/or self sabotaging might be terms that professionals would use to describe that phenomenon.

There was a pretty cool cassette series of "subliminal suggestion" recordings, which had a spoken monologue on one side, basically a hypnotist doing his thing...I know this is a cassette, but at least try to imagine that I'm swinging a pocket watch in front of you...

And, on the other side of the cassette was music with subliminal suggestions contained within it. There was also the sound of waves splashing on a beach in the background of the music; perhaps to help mask the suggestions and to throw in some additional relaxing mental imagery.

This was meant to be a one-two punch in the sense that the spoken hypnotist dialogue was aimed at one of the sides of the brain, whereas the music and waves crashing and messages too soft to even hear, is for the other side.

I set aside those tapes after getting to the part where the guy (on side A) said something like: "If you are currently using alcohol or drugs, then please refrain from using this method until you have made an effort to back off from, or eliminate entirely, these things from your life."

I backed off, for sure. That was 1987.

I also struggled with them for the very reason that the 2017 version of them (from the Awaken The Genius book) addresses by having the "your eyelids are becoming very heavy; like lead weights" type dialogues recorded in the person's own voice.

The guy on the cassette, I couldn't help picture as being a kind of short stocky and balding guy with a beard, whose appearance, even though only imaginary, begged the question: What the hell would he know about living life to it's full potential? and he wasn't a type of guy who would be able to hypnotize me.

My attention was drawn to his annunciation of certain words, and instead of going into a positive state of relaxation, I was thinking about things like his odd choice of words, or maybe all the way up to the point where the guy kind of burps, thinking about that; and then thinking: Why didn't he just edit over that? for the remainder of the "session."

And, then the music side, intended for the "abstract" portion of the brain, was a disaster, as all I could do was listen to the simple major chords, played on a piano and a guitar and the very childish, "Curious George" genre of it, and wonder things like: "Is this what they have determined to be the most relaxing kind of music? 

It's in kind of a 12/8 meter, I guess that's relaxing... 

An acoustic guitar and piano; organic stringed instruments, relaxing and hypnotic as hell, I guess...

Is this kind of music going to lull me into a trance so that the subliminal suggestions will be planted, and I'll be programmed for success?

Because it's simple and repetitive..?

What is that saying about people in general..?

I mean that's just a G major chord with the bass note doing a lazy dotted eighth note movement...

And the sounds of the surf. I think they are having a reverse effect on me, and now I only feel successful when I'm at the beach...

Anything to keep me from being hypnotized be the thing.

And, I would wonder things like: If the messages are so low in volume as to be heard only by the subconscious mind, but yet, still are heard, then why don't extremely soft sounds in every day life have a strong power of suggestion over us.

Like the guy in the apartment next door to me now?

The one whispering: "Daniel, give Wayne a cigarette next time you see him..." over and over, so softly that there is no way that I could ever hear him. Especially not over the music, and whatever seashore sound effects I might be using..

I have just recently cracked open the books about the GIMP editor, and am emboldened to make another foray into the world of digital imagery.

I must admit that, when I first started messing with the GIMP, I was amazed by how easy it seemed to be to create interesting artwork with it, and I thought that, as in music, where anybody with a piano in their living room has the "ability" to play Chopin, it would be more about what I did with the tools at my disposal, rather than the about those tools.

I thought that I came up with some pretty good art. I even thought that it might have been beginners luck. Or maybe that, since I had very little idea of "what" I was doing, I had been forced to rely upon instinct and raw determination, type of thing.

But, after having shown one of my works to a certain young lady, who commented that she hated it when she could tell, by looking at a piece, that it had been rendered using a special effect from Photoshop.

I think I have gotten past the sting of that, and am ready to dive into the Photoshop 6 book that I got for 50 cents at the Goodwill Store.

Smarter Phone

The Catch-22 was that, my government phone was chewing up data left and right because up to 50 pages of ads were downloading onto the thing as soon as I turned it on to say, check for messages.

The solution began with trying the top suggestion on the web, updating my Android operating system on it.  

Sure, that makes sense. Maybe the latest Android version has addressed the issue of 50 new tabs of ads popping open on the phone. And the phone heating up like an iron as the battery meter drops noticeably.

But, then, after I got my free 2 gigabytes of data, I hit the button to update everything and then was informed that there were 32 minutes "left" to perform this task.

An Abortion

I cringed to think of how much data could be transferred in 32 minutes, and so I cancelled the operation.

448 megabytes, or about 20% of my monthly data had already been used, apparently in the aborted attempt.
So, that seemed like a Catch-22. The only way to fix the problem of all my data being eaten up is to update the system, a process which will eat up all my data...

Not to fear. I have come to the computer room at Sacred Heart, where I have, along with uploading and linking the song at the top, used my laptop as a hotspot, and my government phone as the recipient of the signal, and have updated the Android system! on it, so that hopefully I will not be asked if I want to Play Now, any of up to 50 games online.

It bugs me to think that the phone company could be in cahoots with these producers of data hungry games. Wouldn't Sprint love to see me addicted, at ten bucks for 5 gigabytes, to driving a virtual car around and shooting cartoon people that I see on the virtual street for hour after hour after....?

Though, I know this has nothing to do with why this current generation of Millenials could go down in history as "The Mass Shooters" any more than it might have with a person listening to the Impact Words song above then doing acid and dropping out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.