Wednesday, October 2, 2019

New Computers For Sacred Heart

Wednesday, October 2nd

I called my mom on the government phone that has been giving me so many problems; to wit, my 2 gigs of data coming on every month and then a third of it being immediately consumed after the browser opens, unbidden, and up to fifty tabs open up, each one an ad for a game, or for a contest, or for tires for a Jeep, etc.

I've gotten to the point where I suspect that my anti-virus program itself is a Trojan horse, that got on there after I was duped by a message such as "your phone is being slowed down by unnecessary files" and then clicked on the "clean now" button.

I will get around to researching more, and might have to just jot down all my contacts on paper and then do a "factory reset" of it.

I suspect that, at some point, I clicked "yes" on "allow this app access to your location, your camera, your files, your photos," etc. when it was an "untrusted" one. What a crazy age we live in. It seems like it is a free-for-all with the modern version of highway robbery flourishing.

This is one more reason I want to become fluent in computer languages, which would be something like Project #14

My mom's voice came over the line garbled, and would drop out for seconds at a time. All I could do is say "I'm sorry, the connection is breaking up, I couldn't hear what you just said, as she waited for the response to a question that I never heard.

I rarely call her because I guess I am still conditioned to think that it is a long distance call and will cost a lot of money and might alarm the person being called if they miss the call and then have to hope that it wasn't some dire news...



After about 2 years when the computer lab at Sacred Heart lay fallow, new computers have arrived in boxes and will soon be hooked up.

Other than that it is the first of the month and the crack dealing cars are pulling up out front and then pulling away.

It wouldn't be have for a law enforcement officer to figure out what is going on as people whom the recognize from having arrested before for possession of drugs go running towards the vehicles with their hands full of money.

And then there are the "prostitutes," -women, who are somewhat attractive and look like they are trick-or-treating on Halloween and decided to dress up as prostitutes...

But, I woke up depressed this morning, feeling like I had a big black bowling ball of darkness in my stomach.

I am really starting to think that it is a biochemical thing, because I have to just sit there and let it pass. Thinking encouraging thoughts helps, but there have been mornings when I have felt it after having gone out and made over fifty bucks the night before and when I had nicotine and caffeine and kratom galore.

The only way I'm going to find out is to do a water fast. This is something that is starting to sound like the trip to New England that I keep postponing, year after year; the water fast that I have been postponing.

3 comments:

  1. The prostitutes around here are like that too. I call it the ugly ho parade. You'd think in this age of internet there'd not be streetwalkers any more, but they're out there all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to go back to writing letters to your Mom, or send her a cassette tape like they used to do in Viet Nam, remember that? I mean, we were both kids then but remember that being the big thing? Those cheap little cassette recorders were just out, and it was thought, or at least encouraged, to send cassette tapes instead of letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.