Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Boom Box Tricycle Woes

Last night's busking was marred by the presence of one guy who was pulling a sound system behind him in a tricycle style bike.
He was not equipped as a pedicab, and the only purposes I could see for him standing in front of Lafit's and blasting his music would be that he was somehow performing some kind of side skeeze, not limited to, perhaps he makes the boom box tricycles and sells them, and was handing out his card, or he was trying to get people to stop and dance to his music for a few seconds, and he would thereafter panhandle them, or, the most far fetched theory; the management of Lafit's is a friend of the guy who works at the Quartermaster, whom I have had disputes with, over milk crates.
It is possible that he might have co-opted the guy to invite his buddy to show up with the sound stystem, maybe on nights when the piano player hadn't shown up, such as last night.
But, the guy looked middle eastern, sort of; skin maybe one shade darker than white, black hair, eyebrows and mustache, maybe Albanian.
He stood next to his rig, dialing up one of maybe a half dozen songs that he had in rotation, by artists such as Grand Master Flash, and his genre, on his phone then trying to play DJ?
He was there, blocking my tip jar in a sonic way for at least 45 minutes altogether (he made two separate visits).
I thought about asking him what he was trying to gain by parking his rig 50 feet from me and blasting music, just to satisfy my curiosity, but I wasn't sure I could have done it without betraying a certain territorial attitude over the block.
Surly the bar should eventually complain, since his music is bleeding into the place, where it competes with the piano guy in there. And, maybe on a night when there is actually a piano guy, they wouldn't have let him camp out for almost an hour there.
I drank a whole bottle of wine throughout the evening, with another small bottle at the Lily Pad. I actually became too drunk to execute a certain musical passage (not surprisingly I can't remember which one) for the first time in over 3 years, since the last time I drank (2015).

So, that means, just make an adjustment and back off. Like, tonight, I haven't had a sip yet, but am off to the store after I hit "publish."   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.