Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Paring Down

I've been circulating around my apartment, trying to take note of, and give attention to, everything that is conspiring to clutter the place up.

There are books that I have bought for 50 cents out of The Goodwill Store, based upon the hope that I might read them some day.

But, how long does a copy of "The Iliad" have to sit on my shelf collecting dust and contributing to the clutter, before I remove it from the place and donate it to the bookshelf in the "all purpose" room here at Sacred Heart?

The same goes for music that I am luke-warm about, except that CDs take up so little space that it is conceivable that I could have shelves holding 5,000 of them, even though one of them would be of some string quartet doing the music of Enya. I can't really stomach Enya doing the music of Enya.

But, some furniture, and the TVs that I could never get to work using a rabbit ear antenna, are going into the dumpster.

I especially want the music studio to be more sparse, with just the guitar on its stand in the middle of an otherwise almost empty room.

It is Tuesday, and we are in a bit of a cold snap here, with the temperatures going below 40 at night. I could probably go out and busk tonight, definitely tomorrow night, as there will be a warming trend, moving towards the weekend.

But, in the meantime, I am still drinking one bottle of wine per day, and I have been cracking open as many of the 400 books that I have, and reading at least a few paragraphs in random spots, something that led me to read almost all of "Walden," after choosing to do that to Henry David Thoreau's "Walden, and other writings."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.