Wednesday, February 19, 2020

10 Days Sober

It is Wednesday afternoon.
I woke up right as the radio was saying 4:20 PM was the time.
I remembered that Jacob and Bobby and I were to go to Sam's Club, so Bobby could get some eyeglass frames, while I get an item that I found myself in need of last night after I squeezed the back tire of my bike to find that the tire was quite flat, namely, a tire tube.

Shrinkin' Away From Drinkin' A Lincoln A Day

There was no busking last night; but I find my money is easier to manage now that I am not spending around 5 bucks per day on a bottle of wine.

Instead, I have a jar on my kitchen counter labelled: "Days Without Drinking," and it is there to collect one quarter per each day that I make it until 1 AM without drinking.

I figure that, if I treat sobriety as if it has value (and in fact I am charging myself a quarter per day for the privilege of it) then it is easier to maintain, while keeping this attitude towards it.

9:12 PM

Was the time that I used to get on the street car when I didn't own a bike.
I have just returned from Wal-Mart after spending all my money on a tube for the back tire on the one I have, and so, am ready to go out on a Wednesday night, a couple weeks before Fat Tuesday, and see how much I can make, playing the same 9:45 PM - 12:23 AM time slot.

The same old thing nags me, namely that I haven't sat down with a pen and written down more songs that I have forgotten that I play, nor have I taken five minutes to master a song such as "Paint It Black," by the Rolling Stones.

Or any of a number of songs that I memorized the lyrics to (mostly) back when I was focusing on singing.

Live view of Bourbon Street
The living statue (far left) appears to be taking a break from standing there motionless, in some pose, perhaps giving the finger; but, there are 2 parades taking place this evening, and there should be a few extra tourists out, because of them.
Right: Looking like a typical Wednesday night, at 9:12 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.