Monday, February 3, 2020

32 Dollar Saturday

After playing for an hour and making only a dollar, the next hour and a half was more fruitful.
A guy came along and shot a video, and told me that I would be able to find him by checking the "Tool" (musical group) group on Facebook, where I would be able to see that he had just posted, and get his profile that way.
I was by myself, as Jacob was still tired after we had played until about 3 AM on Friday.
After An 18 Dollar Friday
That night we wound up splitting just under 20 bucks, with the last hour being taken up by a skeezer whom I have seen before and who wanted to plop himself down right next to me and sing out of tune over everything we played.
At the point when I became determined to get rid of him, Jacob had taken an interest in filming him, interviewing him and getting the guy to sing, while he (Jacob) made sound effects and did beat boxing, etc. in a disparaging way.
Some of that video might find its way here.
At one point, another millenial looking guy started shooting video of Jacob shooting video of the guy.
The whole thing went on a little too long and cost us some money, but it was just entertaining enough that I let it go on. The guy was still sitting there when we left at about 3 AM. He said he was on crystal methamphetamine.
My idea to get rid of him was for Jacob and I to leave to take a 15 minute break or so, during which time the guy might have just left, since he would then be just sitting in the dark with nothing to sing over and no busker's nights to ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.