Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Search For Lilly

It finally dawned upon me to ask the staff at Rouses Market in the French Quarter, if they had seen Lilly and/or her daughters.
Treva said that she hadn't seen them in a while.
This is in line with what I had feared.
It has probably been about 5 weeks since I last saw the Lilly mobile (a black Lincoln Navigator) parked anywhere around the house.

It makes me feel sick to think that she might be gone.


And, so, I will leave here to go look for Lilly using social media and the names of her daughters, etc....

Back From That

I was unable to locate either Chantilly or Angelique by entering the city and their first names in Facebook.

That brings me to a dead end.

Now, the only thing I can think of is to text her again, but to send an additional one using the "225"

The Flu, Or Something

So, I woke up this morning with kind of a chill in my bones of the type that a lot of times signals the onset of a flu, or something.

I decided to put $10 on my phone's data, giving me 2 more gigabytes to play with.

A little experimentation has shown that updating this blog will chew up about 1.2% of that. I am not sure if this varies due to the length of a post, but .

I also learned that going to the MusiciansFriend website and just browsing harmonicas used a trivial amount of data, but watching 20 minutes of a Youtube video (of Kobe Bryant's last high school game, of all things) seemed to be the nail in the coffin of the data that I had been so miserly over, up until then.

 As a man who had just put $32 on his green card, I hopped on my bike at around 9:25 PM. It was raining enough so that busking in it would have been limited.

I went to the corner and got a bottle of aspirin for $1 (Family Dollar brand) and a Monster Energy drink to wash 5 of them down with, and then proceeded to race towards The Herb Shop in the French Quarter.
I had basically 29 minutes to get there, but wasn't absolutely sure of how long it would take me to get there.
The night before, my trip had taken me 35 minutes, according to the "Jesus" clock at Royal and Orleans Streets.

But, that had included a detour down Canal Street, interrupted by stops to pick up sniped cigarettes, loose change, and bottled water and another interlope upon the alley behind the Hotel Monteleone for more tobacco, and then a full fledged stop at Rouses Market to purchase a sugar free Rock Star energy drink.

This time, I made it there before they closed.

Just before 10 PM, the rain stopped. I could have gotten on my bike when I got home and turned right back around to go out there, but, I didn't, based upon the flu-like symptoms that have me doing aspirin (and kratom, why not?) and trying to take it easy.

I hope that it is "starve" whatever the hell I have, and not "feed" it, because I am in a great position to starve any and all viruses, having shunned the purchases of such things as coconut milk, peanut butter, mixed frozen berries, and yogurt, because I had just begun sipping on the kratom and Monster concoction, which I knew was going to make me nauseous, but nauseous in a good way.

I was still reeling from how fast the 43 bucks that I had made the previous night had evaporated to where I had about 8 bucks left to spend.

I have a funny feeling that Lilly's phone number was prefixed with "225," now that I think of it, for New Jersey (I guess that's where she originally got her phone...) and not the 205 that I might have mistakenly entered after I did a factory reset on the government phone to rid it of malware...
 

So, then, I stop at Rouses Market for a gallon of water and a banana, before heading back to the apartment, thinking that I might try to go back out, still, at that point.

All I can say is that my next chance will be tomorrow afternoon, during Fat Tuesday.
 
Stroke Of Genius?

Ok, this is a long shot, but what if I start going to the pages of businesses in the Quarter that I have seen Lilly and the girls at?

Maybe they "liked" the Rouses Market on the corner of St. Peter and Royal Streets, for their ice cream once.
Or maybe one of the girls was a "friend" of a restaurant or clothing store where I had ever seen them at?

I guess I am off to do that....

Perhaps, if I search real estate listings on Bourbon Street, maybe even searching her address explicitly, then I might be led to an agent's page, where maybe the owner is the person it is listed by; then I could get her, or her ex husband's name...

I know that Lilly really liked the "krewe" of the "muses," and I once even overheard her expressing a strong desire to "see the muses" that particular year.
So, maybe she is a friend of the muses. Or the Audobon Aquarium...

So, I guess I'm off to do a little of that...it shouldn't be hard to find Lillian, Chantilly and Angelique, especially since they should all be cross referenced to each other, all part of the Facebook family...

Goose Egg

Nothing. No list of "friends" of the little store on Royal Street. No list of friends of The Muses; nothing.

The next step would be to accost anyone whom I see going in and out of the house and perhaps if they have their landlady's phone number, they would at least verify it; seeing as though I already have the last 4 digits correct...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.