Saturday, March 21, 2020

Defunct Busking Business

It is a Saturday, and would be a busking day, were there any living souls out on Bourbon Street.
But, as fate would have it, the scene is that of above.
I don't have any money, very little food, and no income.
I suppose the implication is that I starve to death and the C19 virus would have, at least, accomplished that.
I have no idea if there is any aid available to me.
But, now, I go to Bobby's apartment, where maybe he has heard through the grapevine about where to get food for the next 2 weeks.
If I thought that the people of New Orleans were rude before this, the virus gives them one more reason to back away from, or totally ignore people around them.
Last night, a middle aged white guy in the supermarket made a show of backing away from me as I was squeezing between him and other shoppers.

Above: Maybe moving my typing spot to the bed from the living room will spur me on to start posting more frequently...

As if he could tell by looking at me that I was a carrier of the virus -the things that a cursory glance can reveal about a person to those, like he, who have eyes.
I have always sensed that the homeless are often scapegoated by people who have homes and jobs that are in jeopardy. It as if they think that some force is showing the homeless person to them as a taunt to them, as in: "This is going to be you pretty soon."
I guess by casting their derision on the homeless person, they are putting up resistance, in their own way, as in: "Not me, 'll never become homeless!"
So,the guy in the supermarket must have thought that I was living under a bridge in close quarters with other dirty and disease ridden homeless people. He could tell that by my long hair and my manner of dress, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.