Friday, May 22, 2020

Thing Still Imminent

Having gotten the stimulus check has had the somewhat predictable effect of putting my mind into a whirl, with the emotions that come with having spending money.
Balance that against the long suffering need for stability, and security, etc., and I decided to not cash the thing right away.
Instead I tried to maintain my frugal lifestyle, but started to write down things on a sheet of paper that I taped to my door.
The first item on the list was "scotch tape." I ran out of that item while using the last piece to affix the list to the door....
The second thing was toilet paper.
It will cost me about 100 dollars just to bring my apartment back to the condition it was in when I was busking regularly.
I had managed to run out of q-tips for cleaning Harold's ears, toothpaste, razors, toilet bowl deodorizing thing that you clip to the inside of the bowl...
I got a new knife, mostly for cutting up apples, these days, but the handle had fallen off the cheap one that I had been using for about 2 years, as if on cue; the day the check arrives, the handle falls off my knife.
Kevin Bape, to join us on drums(?)

I worked a little more on the story about "The Thing," at least getting to the part of the action where "the thing" actually takes place.
But, it is Friday afternoon, and my phone is chiming with news from Jacob, I imagine, about our planned jam today.
Supposedly Kevin Bape, a drummer friend of his, might join us. He is a hip hop artist, and so it could be interesting, or it could suck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.