Tuesday, June 30, 2020

In The Interest Of Posting At Least Once A Day...

I ran out of steam in the middle of yesterday's rant about everything around me being wrong.
I had intended to wrap it up by re-framing it as everything being not quite perfect (yet).
The craziness of today's world has got me skittish about having my blog taken down for copy write infringement. I guess everyone is a bit jumpy these days...
Or, by referring to the proverbial "glass" as being half full. Though, not with wine, because that causes me to run out of steam before getting my work done.

A temporary solution to my woes is that I am changing the order of my to do list, by putting the more important things at the top.

No more starting my day with Facebook or Youtube which can be time bandits through which half of my energy is squandered.

Now it will be, to practice the guitar first thing...

Practice 100 Times


I am making a metronome track in which every ten beats, I will voice over the numbers "ten," "twenty" etc. up to 100 I think it will be.

This will be as easy as setting Audacity to generate a "click track" and then doing the voice over on a parallel track at the appropriate spots. Then, I can just set the playback speed to what is appropriate for what I am practicing; with the only drawback being that it will sound like one of the Chipmunks saying the numbers, should I be practicing at a very fast metronome rate; and if I have to slow something way down at first, it will be Barry White doing the count up.

And, I am going to do Mel Bay pieces over and over, at least a hundred times each, starting towards the end of Book 1 and progressing from there. I want to lay to rest any doubts about where I "am" in that series of instructional books.


I would like to make videos of myself playing each piece and post them on Youtube, where any student of the guitar who might Google them will be able to see how they are supposedly supposed to be played.

Played by the young student; not how Chet Atkins might play them.

That was what had been bogging me down; having the feeling that I wasn't ready to graduate from one book to the next until I could play stuff like "Carry Me Back to Old Virginny" with the flair and style of a virtuoso. That would explain why I am still in Grade 2 at my age...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.