Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A As In Apple

  • New Blogger Fit For Use

  • A Phone Call From Lilly

  • 24 Hours Sober

The bugs seem to have been worked out of the new Blogger interface, and I take back what I wrote about their focus having moved to mobile devices at the expense of the desktop user's experience...
All the original bells and whistles are there, but are just a little harder to find by someone who relies upon the English language.
Things like the button that used to be labelled "New Post" have been replaced with the "international" symbol of the circle with a plus sign.
This makes sense, considering Blogger is on the "worldwide" web, and only an English language chauvinist would object to everything not being "clearly" labelled in English

The toolbox that spans across the top is loaded with even more features.
The box with the word "Normal" in it allows you to make a heading or sub heading out of anything you highlight; and this automatically makes a keyword out of it.
So, when people are searching for "24 Hours Sober," for example, they might see this post near the top of the results.
This would be more helpful to me, as that subject might be of interest to someone who is in the same boat as myself, as far as trying to quit drinking, and it might make a regular reader out of them.
My blog post titles don't tend to serve me well, there.
They are usually double entendres, and innuendos. (an innuendo being the "Italian word" for an enema, for example).

So, the new Blogger interface gets an A (as in apple) from me!

The Apple of My Eye

Lilly with her Apple
I have been resetting my phone and changing the tones on it so much lately, that, as I sat on my bed and heard it chiming repetitively, I thought that it was a string of texts, coming in from Jacob, whose phone always splits longer ones into a group of shorter ones.
But, when I looked at it, I saw that it was an incoming call from none other than Lilly!
She had gotten the piece of cardboard that I'd left on her windshield 4 days ago, and had waited until she thought I might be up, which meant at high noon.
In the old days, I would be playing on weekend nights until around 1 or 2 AM on her stoop, and wouldn't be getting to sleep until about 4 AM. So, she was allowing me 8 hours of sleep before waking me with her call.

She said that she too had feared I might be dead, and had lost my phone number.
She told me that I could play, but I would have to wear a mask, and that I should check with the Arts Council, or the Musician's Union to see if I am allowed to do so first; and it was pretty much the usual from her.

She tends to reiterate things, but the Musician's Union thing is new from her.

She told me that the COVID19 is "a terrible death," that involves the sinuses, asked me (a reiteration of) if I am registered to vote, and then went on to say: "We need to get Trump out of office," saying that he was a traitor, and that his handling of the pandemic shows that he doesn't care about the people.

Lillian was living in The Big Apple in 1990, and seems to have taken the Marla Maples thing pretty hard.

Things like the de-funding the police and then having the constitution of the United States torn up and replaced by "the black constitution" (loosely based upon Venezuela) are kind of worrisome to me.

I think that Trump will win in 2020, and then Ivanka will be elected in 2024,  giving the country it's first woman president and a Jew in one fell swoop.

Donald will be her Advisor -one who also runs the country.
Then, after her 8 years are up and the United States is great enough to have kept the threat of China in check, then....
Donald Jr.?
Eric?
Barron?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.