Saturday, July 11, 2020

Fundamentals of Fundamentalism 101: Professor Daniel

After having gotten up this afternoon and toned down yesterday's post, which had been critical of the Muslims who work at the Brown Derby, I came across a book by a guy named Tariq Ali..
and decided to read it, before giving any more opinions about characters such as those who work at the Brown Derby, and Banks Meat Store, and The Big Easy store, and (come to think of it) just about every convenience store in New Orleans. Except for the Unique Grocery on Royal Street; that one is staffed by Egyptian Christians, and run by the Mexican mafia.
I don't want to speak from a position of ignorance, especially if I'm going to be calling out the ignorance of others -that would be compounding ignorance.
So, now comes my education upon the origins of Islam and about Jerusalem, Pakistan, Kashmir, Ottomanism and "oil wars" (fought with grease guns?) and how U.S. imperialism fits into the picture (of the twin towers emitting black smoke and then collapsing). I will learn about their stupid god...

My trip to the Brown Derby the following night, for a follow up bottle of wine was uneventful, and actually rather pleasant.
I had gone in purposefully, grabbed my Gallo Cabernet Sauvignon; snatched up a Zebra Cake to bring the total of the purchase to within 7 cents of the 5 dollar requirement, and gone to the register, where a different employee from the one of the night before accepted the $4.93 as being "at least 5 dollars."

The wine made me immediately vomit purple puke into Harold's litter box.

There was no food in my stomach, only a lot of kratom.

Usually, I would grab a large cup to catch it, so that I could drink it back down, repeating the process as necessary, so as to not waste any kratom, so precious is it, but I guess having gotten a 20 ounce bag of it a month ago has spoiled me a bit, as far as that goes.

I had begun another fast that (Friday) afternoon, after I had woken up, mainly because I wanted to put some prune juice to work, in eliminating the ground sirloin that I had eaten the night before, against my better judgement.
I had gotten the beef at half price, and simmered it along with some good chili salsa, but learned the lesson that food that is bad for you is never a bargain, even if you get paid to eat it.
I woke up and just wanted to go back to sleep, feeling sluggish and kind of toxic. After the prune juice had its effect, I felt like I had exorcised a demon from my bowels.
I stared from the toilet seat, across my room, and out the window, and my mind went blank. It was like I was in a timeless place where I have gone before, every time I had just stared at the leaves at the top of a tree, being blown by a gentle breeze and reflecting the sunlight, and had not realized that I had stopped thinking until having that thought. Eckhart Tolle would call that "mindful pooping," I imagine.
Then, since I had dwelt in the present moment, it seemed to be in accordance with it all when I picked up my phone to see that Jacob had texted me with the news that he has decided to try to kick his Wendy's Hot and Spicy Chicken sandwich addiction, because he thinks it's contributing to his malaise.
There was no argument from me; I could still hear demonic screams of protest and threats gurgling up through the pipe of my toilet.
So, it seems that I have at least reached a state of detoxification that allows me to sense which foods are undesirable, or to immediately puke things back up.
The next thing I need to check out is alkaline water.
There is a short segment that is aired right before Jacob's guardian, Bob comes on the radio with his Current Word show, which is kind of an "eat to live" thing that is intended to save humanity from Wendy's Hot and Spicy Chicken sandwiches.
High blood pressure, diabetes, cancer...would you like fries with that?

But the guy was talking about how alkaline water will make the body more hungry for oxygen, or will make it utilize it better. That is something that even I had never heard about; though I have seen the 4 times as expensive as bottled water bottled water that is labelled "alkaline" or PH 8.9 or something.

Someone once said to avoid distilled water while on a water fast because, since it has no mineral content, it will leach the minerals out of your body through osmosis.

So, here it is Saturday, and it is right at 1:30 PM, the time I usually wake up. So far it has only been prune juice kratom and coffee for me.

I had made up my mind to make a concerted effort to get a job of some kind yesterday, before going to my mailbox to discover a letter from the food stamp people telling me that I needed to re-certify for the coming year, and along with it was attached a sheet telling me that I had to register with the Louisiana Workforce Commission's HIRE program -"Helping Individuals Reach Employment", but you knew that..
This requirement, I have skirted in the past by appearing at the office to plead my case that I am a busker, and as such, am employed. They have always waived the requirement, based upon that.
Given the virus and the fact that I am not busking, and the timing of my finding the letter immediately after having made up my mind to try to find a job, and after having dwelt in the present moment, I guess I will register this time, and read the job descriptions and apply for one or more...

Well, I guess I'll get back to my reading; and see what Sheikh Abdullah is up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.