Friday, September 18, 2020

I Have To Do It

I have to hop on a street car and take it to Broad Avenue then hop on the 94 Broad Avenue bus, then get off at Wal-Mart and then go in and buy two new tubes for Jacob's bike, and then come back home, put the tubes in the two flat tires and then walk the bike a half mile to the gas station to put air in both tires and then I will not have to walk any more. The derailer on the Windstream bike that is mine became mangled last night as I was in the middle of shifting gears. I was pedaling forcefully enough that I wound up with twisted wreakage where the Shimono™ derail-er had been. I was on my way to Banks Meat Store to get a second and third bottles of Red Stripe Lager.

Why is time the enemy in all these situations? Wall Mart probably closes at ten, giving me two and a half hours to get there.

But if I dally too long (should I take a quick shower and change out of the clothes I slept in, or will the six foot social distancing practice eliminate the need for that?) I will soon be racing the hands of the clock.

Murphy's Law would mandate that I will "just miss" the first trolley I see and will have to wait 20 minutes for the next; and then I will "just miss" the 94 Broad Avenue bus and wait another 45 minutes...

Are the buses running on a reduced frequency schedule because of the virus?

Should I try to go to their website and check on that, or would that time be better spent proactively walking towards the stop?

I need to check the exact tire size, and not forget to bring my mask...

I guess I can kill two birds with one stone and pick up other things while at the big Wal Mart...some flavors of food for Harold that he loves but that they only have there...

Then I will try to order a whole new derail-er. I guess I could come out with a bike that has a brand new back tire and a brand new derail-er.

The Trump rally that I want to watch on Youtube starts in 69 minutes; so maybe I will make that my target amount of time spent getting the tubes.

I hate stuff like this; where I have to work hard just to return my situation to where it was.

But this is where the procrastination, that could have me walking everywhere for weeks before I "get around to" eventually fixing the thing.

Boy, this is where Alex in California could have come in handy with some advice or suggestion. But I seem to have burned that bridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.