Monday, September 7, 2020

I Just Watched Golf Today

 Saturday, both replacement cards were stacked in my mailbox; and I reactivated them and went on, as if the previous week had never happened.

94 Points, my ass...

There was more money on the unemployment card, that's balance benefited from my week away from it; and the food card came with the early hurricane "Laura" money already on it.

It was easy to reorganize my thinking over the past week and start making a list of things like "a belt" and "a new credit card wallet" along with "toilet paper" and the other suspects.

Maybe it would have been a golden opportunity to give up drinking, but I had seen a bottle of wine at Rouses Market, which was rated at 91 points by The Wine Enthusiast and was marked down to 12 bucks a bottle. This is 3 times what I like to spend on just "table" wine, but I took a chance on the stuff and found it to be just an alright flavor and too light bodied; almost watery, as if they actually had stretched the batch by adding a bit of water to bring the vats right up to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.