Saturday, October 24, 2020

All That Matters

 The trip to the Tchoupitoulis Walmart was a success, up to the point of there apparently being no potting soil in the whole store.


"I always go to Home Depot, over by the Superdome," said the first person to hear me ejaculate: "No potting soil?!?" a middle aged woman, who looked like she could probably grow some mean avocados.

"Not the stuff they have out front because that's always overpriced, but if you go into the garden section and look around, you can usually find some bags for 3 or 4 bucks of the good soil."

The speakers were taken by a friendly black woman who cautioned me that the money wouldn't appear on my card until "5 to 7 business days" had elapsed; should I have been a crackhead hoping to turn the speakers into an instant crack rock.


She gave me a tracking number so that I can follow the progress of the returned package via global positioning systems in satellites. I hope the satellites work better than the speaker box...

It was kind of important for my own sanity to be able to accomplish a task as complicated as taking the street car to the bus to the Walmart and then reversing the process; all before the store closed at ten, and after I had made a separate trip to the Whole Foods, where I picked up a loaf of Dave's "Good Seed" bread, along with a couple cans of Voodoo Ranger IPA, on sale at 2 for $5...


It was these that I was working on, when I left the place, carrying the child sized rectangular box, and headed for the trolley stop across the street.

About 10 minutes later the thing came, but only dropped me off at the Joy Theater on Canal Street, leaving me to walk the rest of the 5 or so blocks to the stop where the #10 bus stops; the one that usually has "Walmart" alternately flashing with with "Layola," which I guess is at the other end of its orbit from Walmart.

Carrying the box wasn't so bad and I do believe that was from carrying it about a half mile 3 days earlier.

That first outing to the ghetto located Walmart (where the answer to everything was either "no' or "I don't know") had gotten me into much better box carrying shape.

So, I trudged along, with the box half slung over my shoulder, stopping for another beer at the Walgreen's and then carrying on, but not after having seen a young woman being skeezed by one of the skeezers, who seem to be getting back to "phase 3" of the Covid-19 situation, by skeezing people from a distance of around six feet.

The woman, had just said "sorry"or something to the skeezer who then turned his attention to me and my box.


"Dude, I have to get this crack to a guy; I'm kinda busy right now.

Damn, I never knew crack was so heavy; I mean it starts out as powder, then you add a little baking soda, but, man, this feels like a box full of concrete!" I said as I walked away. Then I noticed a grin on the face of the young lady, who I had fallen into step with. Priceless.

I dropped off the speakers in customer service as soon as I walked into the place. The lady found the order in the computer and assured me that it would be packed and sent back to the seller (which was a third party seller through the Walmart website). I could contact them; maybe just to help them out with the detail that the whole system seemed to work as indicated, except for the sub woofer box which wouldn't pair up through Bluetooth and wouldn't even seem to power on when plugged in. The thing that can be heard and felt rattling around inside the box when it is gently shaken might offer up a clue as to why this is so...


 

I have put tires on a bike, so am no longer walking everywhere.

And, have returned the speakers, ending that saga.

And, now, I suppose the next item will present itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.