Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Off Working On Song/Video

Hit me, Joe, I'm wide open!

I have come to the end of a day that started about 16 hours ago, after I was woken by a phone call from Bobby, whom I don't associate with much because he seems to be on an extended crack binge and seems to be aging at a rate of about one year every two weeks.

He wanted me to call a crack dealer for him using my phone because the dealer wasn't answering when he called on his. This was at about 4:30 a.m. and, after my call also went to voice mail I was able to assure Bobby that the guy wasn't avoiding him, but was probably busy cooking up more crack, or sleeping, I was unable to fall back to sleep.

The guy might have been avoiding Bobby, I thought, out of pity over seeing how he seems to be aging one year every two weeks. But, his not answering my phone either poked a hole in that theory. The dealer would probably love to get me hooked on the stuff, as my bank account hasn't been drained yet, whereas Bobby sits and smokes in a practically bare apartment, where there once was an electric guitar and a huge amplifier and peripheral effects, and where a large screen TV used to show satellite TV type shows, but now only seems to display old western movies on the "Grit" antenna TV station, the few times I have been over the past couple months.

He probably suspected that the dealer wasn't answering his calls because he thought Bobby was going to try to pay him with the large screen TV. It would be well worth a 50 dollar crack rock but would be cumbersome to load into the crack guy's Honda Accord.

And, after that, I wasn't going back to sleep, and so I drank a beer and put my own TV on and then got suckered into watching almost two hours of "crime" TV in a semi stupor, which intensified after I drank my second and last Rolling Rock. It was only seeing an aged Joe Namath come on and try to sell me health insurance that snapped me out of the trance, and I was able to snap the TV off and go back to life as normal.

This meant going to the computer, intending to work on the present piece of music that I am planning to make a video to go with, now that I have a smartphone that has more than the 20 minutes of battery life that the last one had.

And, as fate would have it, I never made it past spending about 3 hours on Facebook, and then another 5 or so on Youtube, and then signing up for Parler, the alternative to Facebook where hopefully the cancel culture will not follow. How uncool would it be for people who have never been on Parler to go there and start "reporting" people for not being blatant enough in their deranged irrational hatred of the president. Supposedly Parler still recognizes the 1st amendment as being there to protect hate speech (because why would any other speech need protecting) and doesn't censor. Unless you are texting "fire" in a crowded virtual theater, of course.

I got about 2 hours of guitar practice in, and then remembered this blog. Has it really been 8 days since I last posted? I guess I have really forsaken my readers. It's nothing you have done, although I might be subconsciously avoiding the verbal abuse which has been Alex in California in the past.

I am planning on doing a "piece" on him, and have the idea already; it's just going to take about 8 hours to hash it out and do it the way I envision the "tribute" to come out.

But, now I am at the end of the day. I should do everything in reverse order tomorrow, starting with the blog and maybe never getting to the TV shows and Joe Namath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.