Saturday, January 30, 2021

Normalcy Comes Home To Roost

I woke up and regretted, to a degree, having eaten a couple of the meals that I found in the dumpster.

Not because there was anything wrong with them, they had been thrown out, still frozen, the way they were delivered, into a dumpster, still in the protective box, on a 45 degree day; like a refrigerator out there... 

It could just be that I feel better when I don't eat meat. And, especially if I don't combine meat with the yin of the rice or other starch that is invariably included to make a "complete" meal of the things. 

This violates the principle based upon, that, by combining starch and protein in the same meal (with each require a different digestive medium) you will have incomplete digestion, and will not have utilized the food to its full potential, and a heavy, slimy stool, passed in the morning will help drive home the point. . 

They had been still in the box that they are delivered in, from whatever organization looks out for whomever they are looking out for; this could be mentally disabled people; they surely have advocates, as they should. Half of the building is "disabled veterans," or more precisely, about 51% of it is. And the rest are "mentally disabled." 

So the food could be getting sent here earmarked for one group or another, or both; but it seems to wind up sitting on the table in the lobby; 

I have heard that these are the ones from people who actually receive a whole box of them for some reason, but who decline it. And so, seeing it tossed in the dumpster could mean nobody wanted to grab it off the table in the lobby while it sat there a short time, available "for free," but only to those that actually see it sitting there. 

The security person named Tim, once said to me, "Once they reach room temperature, forget it!" with that apparently meaning, forget about eating it, that would be dangerous! 

I really don't know if there is such a thing as a food that goes bad faster after thawing, than any other, but there you have it from Tim, front desk security guy. If you freeze something that is rancid, and you thaw it out, it should start to fester right away, it stands to reason; if you assume the bacteria aren't killed by being frozen, merely put to sleep... 

I will have to Google that. 

 I tried to contact the makers of the food that comes in those containers by going to their website; but an e-mail I sent them, asking about hydrogenated soy oil, went unanswered. 

That makes me think that they are coming out of some huge warehouse sized hurricane emergency relief freezer that they probably have nearby. The way I feel after I eat them, is probably comparable to whenever I have eaten meat the day before. Fish, not so bad, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.