Sunday, May 2, 2021

The Peaks and Valleys of Life

 I've been up and down, over and out, and I know one thing.


That song, sung by Frank Sinatra, played automatically after I had sought out a Glen Miller piece called "Pennsylvania 6-5000" which is a "big" orchestra swing type song about, I believe, a train or a subway. Probably the latter, since it would be pretty vague to label a train with what state it goes to, no particular part of it, though. Probably a subway that stops at Pennsylvania Avenue, which is most likely where the song writer's "baby" lives.

I first heard it, back in 2015, when Tim, my caseworker at the time, gave me a data stick with "all kinds" of movies on it, all with his seal of approval on them.

But the entire Twin Peaks soap opera type show was on the data stick, and I watched the whole thing, from when the body of Laura Palmer was found on the rocky shore of whatever lake is there in the timber producing town where it was shot, blue in the face and wrapped in a clear plastic sheet; all the way through to when I found out that her killer was her father, who had changed into some kind of wolf to do it. But, in once scene when he wasn't a wolf, he mourned the death of his girl by dancing with a picture of her to the Glen Miller thing, going in circles, probably while some camera did the same thing around him.


Other than that, the buzz is all about getting set up to return to busking in some reincarnated form; as a force to be reckoned with. 

I am lowering the action on the Ibanez to make it easier to play for longer than 3 hours, and am looking into getting a headset microphone that would capture vocals and harmonica and send them through a little amp, concealed in a backpack, so as to preserve the optic of "a much quieter block than the rest of Bourbon Street" which would add ambiance with reverb and delay, and would boost just enough so that I won't have to push my voice on songs that weren't even sung loudly in the studio by the recording artist. I mean, how many blocks away could you hear Paul McCartney singing "I Will," when he was recording it onto The White Album?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.