Thursday, June 17, 2021

The Good, The Bad...

 Life is like a mobile, with good and bad things keeping it balanced and spinning, the fish swimming circularly and bobbing.

I am thinking of getting duct tape to fix a bookshelf that I found by the side of the road, which had splintered upon being dropped in the road along the half mile trek to Sacred Heart. I admit I was trying to carry the bookshelf and drink a beer as I walked.

But, I believe that, using duck tape which I would trim with an razor blade so it wouldn't look like too much of a hack job; I can right the bookshelf; and I think that the weight of books that I put on the shelves will help hold the thing together because of the architecture of the thing.

The headset microphone came and has too small a signal to drive the portable amp, and so I am faced with getting the cheapest type of pre-amp that will run on batteries, to boost the headset mic.

I'm going to wind up using a guitar boosting pedal and then fudging with the equalization to sing through it.

Harold the cat has been finicky to a fault lately; with myself having dumped out several plates of $1.79 per pouch gourmet cat foods in flavors such as "duck and pumpkin." This has been a test of my patience.

I am dying for a bottle of red wine right now.

The eyeglass place still hasn't gotten the lenses back from the lab and so I am still walking around with gray duct tape holding my glasses together. 

And, time management has been a pain in the ass; right now I am trying to type this as fast as possible so that the sun will still be up when I bike off for a bottle of red wine; and perhaps a roll of duct tape to put the bookshelf together.

The other option of using wood screws, I still might invoke, but only after the thing is being held together by the duct tape. I can drill holes and insert wood screws without having to worry about holding boards in place at the same time.

I hope I don't mess up too badly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.